2018 July California Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
brorepresentation1

New

Re: 2018 July California Bar

Post by brorepresentation1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:25 pm

Not one person has said their admission page has changed. I am not worrying.

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:26 pm

mathandthelaw wrote:
xonimi wrote:
xonimi wrote:Oh God please let this not be true. I met all my requirements too and it says "not on motion." If people have actually found out this way in the past then I hope the reason it says "not on motion" is because the Bar realized what's happening and chose not to update that info this time around.
Now that I think about it, "on motion dated 11/XX/2018" does not necessarily mean that's the date they updated the info on your page. The motion could be dated earlier but they would not show that information on the site until after 6pm tomorrow.
That's exactly the point I was making. We do not know for sure whether every single person who passed is in fact updated. Like HOW do you know for sure? Do you work for the California Bar? I just read like 4 of you in a row say you are not on motion. You mean to tell me this means all 4 of you did not pass? I find it highly unlikely personally.

If any of the people who stated here that they were Not on Motion ended up passing tomorrow, then we can completely disregard the hypothesis.
I checked my status page and it also similarly says "not on motion." If I and others pass tomorrow then this should be put to rest. Likewise, it'd be interesting to hear from any users who took this J18 bar exam and had their status page state "on motion." So far no one has claimed such.

brorepresentation1

New

Post by brorepresentation1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:29 pm

we all need to calm down lol.... GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:33 pm

where is everyone celebrating tomorrow? :mrgreen:

maga

New

Post by maga » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

santoki wrote:where is everyone celebrating tomorrow? :mrgreen:

Going out to eat and celebrate with family and friends. Some will be home when i check the results.

I was thinking we celebrate before the results so the result doesnt change whether we celebrate or not.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rounder74

New

Post by Rounder74 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm

So I am taking a page out of the University of Iowa's playbook in regards to tomorrow.

Win or lose, we still booze.

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Rounder74 wrote:So I am taking a page out of the University of Iowa's playbook in regards to tomorrow.

Win or lose, we still booze.

HopefulURM

New

Post by HopefulURM » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:07 pm

Any chance the pass list is accessible before 6:00PM? Does anyone have experience from past exams?

For us East Coasters, it will be a very long day to 9:00PM

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:50 pm

HopefulURM wrote:Any chance the pass list is accessible before 6:00PM? Does anyone have experience from past exams?

Last year there was an error in the upload of the results, and most people couldn’t access the results until about 6:15. There was also an error in the upload of the passing list - I had multiple friends who passed but whose applicant numbers were cut off the initial list and who spent about 45 minutes believing they failed before it was corrected.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mathandthelaw

New

Post by mathandthelaw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:09 pm

goldenflash19 wrote:
HopefulURM wrote:Any chance the pass list is accessible before 6:00PM? Does anyone have experience from past exams?

Last year there was an error in the upload of the results, and most people couldn’t access the results until about 6:15. There was also an error in the upload of the passing list - I had multiple friends who passed but whose applicant numbers were cut off the initial list and who spent about 45 minutes believing they failed before it was corrected.
I heard the exact same from another friend.

My advice is to make yourselves available to check a few times. In other words, if you didn't see your name at your first check, I think it's worthwhile to double and triple check and quadruple check after waiting a few minutes each time just to be sure. Any crashing of the server/trouble loading is also a good indication that there is system overload and not to panic right away.

:)

What'sUP?

New

Post by What'sUP? » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Oh Gee! So far this week I have been pretty even keeled and have been trying to focus on the positives. I am choosing not to look at results online as a matter of preference. As a repeater, I know I can handle not passing and am trying to mitigate as much anxiety and stress as possible around that. Of course, it will be a disappointment, but I can get through it.

But man, last night I had this dream that the California Bar Association wasn't going to offer the next bar exam for another SIX years!!
I was like, 'How am I going to retain this stuff for six years and remember it six years from now!?!? And, what's up with the number six? Is it going to take me six additional times to pass? Am I not going to pass until six years from now? Did I fail the 5 essays and PT for a total of six failing scores?"

Talk about anxiety bubbling beneath the surface! Gee whiz. . . .at least I had a good chuckle!

ynwa_sd

New

Post by ynwa_sd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:20 pm

So what's the procedure to find out? I've heard from multiple people that when the results are posted and you type in your identifying information, you're told whether that name appears on the pass list. Is this correct? Or does the bar provide the full list of people who passed, and you need to scroll or ctrl f to find your number?

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 pm

ynwa_sd wrote:So what's the procedure to find out? I've heard from multiple people that when the results are posted and you type in your identifying information, you're told whether that name appears on the pass list. Is this correct? Or does the bar provide the full list of people who passed, and you need to scroll or ctrl f to find your number?
Last year the Bar initially released a last with applicant numbers. This was the list that had passing applicants’ numbers left off. After about 45 minutes, they changed the website so you entered your name/applicant number, and you would be told whether your name appeared on the list. I imagine the Bar would just go with that method but who knows with them!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Do we leave the 0 off of our applicant number?

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Atmosphere wrote:Do we leave the 0 off of our applicant number?
Still have my applicant badge from test day. The app number should only be a 4 digit number. Take off the zero if it’s in front of the 4 digit sequence (I’m guessing).

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm

mine is a 3 digit number, for what its worth

lnu1992

New

Post by lnu1992 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:00 pm

MBernard wrote:
Still have my applicant badge from test day. The app number should only be a 4 digit number. Take off the zero if it’s in front of the 4 digit sequence (I’m guessing).
My application number is 3 digits?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

scard

New

Post by scard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:13 pm

The rumor about being on motion stemmed from last July during the server issues. People were unable to see their name on the pass list and unable to check but noticed after 6pm that they were able to see their admission status updated.

Again it was after 6pm that people was able to notice.

As for me, I tried to do a ncbe score advisory and received nothing as of yet.

I try to apply for the next bar exam and in big red letter it says something along the lines of “unable to submit as no credentials that I have passed the first year law student exam of have a student transcript on record”

Iv never seen that before and don’t know to accredit that message as I passed or it says that for everyone waiting for results or if there really is an issue with my records..

Anyone else get the same red error when they try to apply for feb 19 bar?

mathandthelaw

New

Post by mathandthelaw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:21 pm

https://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/default.aspx

This provides the instructions.

Applicant only search: You will be able to access the past list TONIGHT at 6pm with your application number and file number. You need both. The instructions say nothing about whether you have to change the zeros on yours. I have four digits and I'll probably put it in as is and if that doesn't work I'll have to fix it I guess.

Public search: The public pass list will be available on Sunday 6am PST.

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:32 pm

re: zeroes this isn't the definitive answer but when logging into the admission status page compulsively I've discovered that it accepts my file number with or without the leading zero. I imagine the system knows to drop them off if included, so either is fine.

MBernard

Post by MBernard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:44 pm

lnu1992 wrote:
MBernard wrote:
My application number is 3 digits?
Sorry for the confusion, thought that the sequence was uniform. If you have your ID badge from test day just go with that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:47 pm

3 hours guys :shock:

lawyerin07

New

Post by lawyerin07 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:52 pm

Shit, is the applicant number different than the NCBE number?? I totally forgot to save my badge but I wrote those two numbers down

a male human

Gold

Post by a male human » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:52 pm

estefanchanning wrote:3 hours guys :shock:
Man, they don't make the countdown text red anymore? BORIIING https://apps.calbar.ca.gov/exam/default.aspx

I've been refreshing the News Releases since yesterday in case they post the stats early. They published the press release a few minutes early back in May. I'm curious how fucked up the pass rate is this time...

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:10 pm

lawyerin07 wrote:Shit, is the applicant number different than the NCBE number?? I totally forgot to save my badge but I wrote those two numbers down
Search your emails for “examsoft” and the confirmation of essay submittal will have your applicant #

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”