Illinois Transfer MBE Score Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Chrstgtr

Bronze

Illinois Transfer MBE Score

Post by Chrstgtr » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:13 pm

I am looking to transfer my MBE score when I take the Illinois bar. I was fortunate enough to do very well on the MBE and got an "auto-pass" score. But the Illinois bar website state: "Applicants opting to transfer a MBE score must take and pass the written portion of the Illinois bar exam in order to pass the exam. This means that the point of value of the transferred MBE score cannot be used to offset an inadequate performance on the written portion of the bar exam."

What would a passing score on the Illinois written section look like?

ndbigdave

Bronze

Re: Illinois Transfer MBE Score

Post by ndbigdave » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Chrstgtr wrote:I am looking to transfer my MBE score when I take the Illinois bar. I was fortunate enough to do very well on the MBE and got an "auto-pass" score. But the Illinois bar website state: "Applicants opting to transfer a MBE score must take and pass the written portion of the Illinois bar exam in order to pass the exam. This means that the point of value of the transferred MBE score cannot be used to offset an inadequate performance on the written portion of the bar exam."

What would a passing score on the Illinois written section look like?
A passing score in Illinois for the essay portion would be a 133 - not a particularly high score, but if you think you could replicate (or be close) on the MBE again I would say just do the full test because then you COULD use your high MBE score to offset your essays (or simply require a lower score).

For instance, if you scored in the mid 140s (or higher) you would potentially need an essary score of 120 (or lower) which would be pathetically low.

Its up to you, but if you are good at the MBE and can repat your high score - youll actually make your life far easier than having to prepare for all the essay topics and the randomness that those subtopics can be and graders can be.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”