Themis NY July 2018- Starting Late? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sg1226

New

Themis NY July 2018- Starting Late?

Post by sg1226 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 am

I signed up for Themis and was just informed the start date would either be May 14 (10 weeks) or May 21 (9 weeks). Would it be really bad if I missed the first couple of days to a week? Am I at a disadvantage if the course is 9, rather than 10 weeks? Also , do people usually take weekends off or review?

holaconquistadora

New

Re: Themis NY July 2018- Starting Late?

Post by holaconquistadora » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:23 pm

The start date that they give isn't the actual date when you can start. As long as you've fully paid for the course, they'll let you have early access at least two weeks prior.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:13 am

sg1226 wrote:I signed up for Themis and was just informed the start date would either be May 14 (10 weeks) or May 21 (9 weeks). Would it be really bad if I missed the first couple of days to a week? Am I at a disadvantage if the course is 9, rather than 10 weeks? Also , do people usually take weekends off or review?
Hi there,

Nope you're fine if you start a few days late (or even a week) but just be prepared to work really hard. It's quite a busy schedule and you'll need to make up that week (though it'll be spread out over the whole course, so it's not like you have to make up for it all in the first week).

Also, have you considered starting early? The start date is just suggested so if you have time before, you can make an early start to make up for your absence. I started a whole month early for Feb 2018 because I'm working full time and it worked out.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Tue May 01, 2018 11:12 am

So often you'll have to be flexible throughout the course by skewing from doing exactly what is required at that time. For example, the course might tell you to move on from a subject but you might feel like you need more time with that subject. Or you might feel very comfortable with a certain subject and want to move on even before the course does. So skewing from the course is quite common, and starting one week later than others should not have that much of an effect at all provided you find the time to make up the work that you miss.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:32 am

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:So often you'll have to be flexible throughout the course by skewing from doing exactly what is required at that time. For example, the course might tell you to move on from a subject but you might feel like you need more time with that subject. Or you might feel very comfortable with a certain subject and want to move on even before the course does. So skewing from the course is quite common, and starting one week later than others should not have that much of an effect at all provided you find the time to make up the work that you miss.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)
Agreed. The program is very flexible so you can start early, start late, take time off, or get ahead. For instance I eventually got comfortable with certain MEE/MPT exercises so I skipped them, and I would always try to do more tasks than I was assigned in any given day, just so I could stay ahead and take time off if I needed to.

But having said that, life will always get in the way, so by starting a week late, you're allowing less leeway if contingencies arise. Always better to be ahead and, as I said, if you can start early, Themis allows that too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Wed May 02, 2018 2:19 pm

A week is completely immaterial. "Starting late" = July

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:19 am

Traynor Brah wrote:A week is completely immaterial. "Starting late" = July
:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah basically