Feb. 2018 Themis Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Neilt001

Re: Feb. 2018 Themis

Post by Neilt001 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Hey yall. Hope y'all did ok on the exam. I personally would not be the least bit surprised if I failed (that last MBE session was brutal), but then again it was better than I expected overall. Fingers crossed... so happy to have my life back!

JoLaw824

New

Post by JoLaw824 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Neilt001 wrote:Hey yall. Hope y'all did ok on the exam. I personally would not be the least bit surprised if I failed (that last MBE session was brutal), but then again it was better than I expected overall. Fingers crossed... so happy to have my life back!
I thought one set of 100 was harder than the other. I think that's normal according to my friends who have passed. I felt good on the second set of 100. I know they mix up sets / questions / etc.

I almost don't know what to do? I have a full time job that keeps me very busy but I was really used to literally doing nothing but prep 24/7 that I feel weird when I turn my tv on.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:54 am

JoLaw824 wrote:
Neilt001 wrote:Hey yall. Hope y'all did ok on the exam. I personally would not be the least bit surprised if I failed (that last MBE session was brutal), but then again it was better than I expected overall. Fingers crossed... so happy to have my life back!
I thought one set of 100 was harder than the other. I think that's normal according to my friends who have passed. I felt good on the second set of 100. I know they mix up sets / questions / etc.

I almost don't know what to do? I have a full time job that keeps me very busy but I was really used to literally doing nothing but prep 24/7 that I feel weird when I turn my tv on.
Wait, so tell me something cause I've heard a few different opinions on this. I found the afternoon 100 WAY harder than the morning, but others found the opposite. Some people, including yourself, say that's because they mix up questions. Do you know if they do in fact mix up questions? Because that would explain it. Otherwise, it would be so surprising that I found the afternoon session so much more difficult. We're not all THAT different. But I was under the impression we were all given the exact same Qs at the exact same time?

Agreed - it feels so strange and amazing to relax guilt-free. Don't know what to do with myself!

Finally, I think this 2 month wait is going to be harder than I thought. So anxious already... Need to keep my mind off of it.

PSK_246

New

Post by PSK_246 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Neilt001 wrote:
JoLaw824 wrote:

Wait, so tell me something cause I've heard a few different opinions on this. I found the afternoon 100 WAY harder than the morning, but others found the opposite. Some people, including yourself, say that's because they mix up questions. Do you know if they do in fact mix up questions? Because that would explain it. Otherwise, it would be so surprising that I found the afternoon session so much more difficult. We're not all THAT different. But I was under the impression we were all given the exact same Qs at the exact same time?

Agreed - it feels so strange and amazing to relax guilt-free. Don't know what to do with myself!

Finally, I think this 2 month wait is going to be harder than I thought. So anxious already... Need to keep my mind off of it.
Pretty sure we all have the same MBE questions but they are organized differently on a certain number of test forms. I thought the morning was easier than the afternoon, but I thought the afternoon was fine. By "fine," I mean I am less certain about how I did compared to the morning session, but am pretty sure I took care of business. Usually on Themis test mode I would be dreading hitting submit on the final question, and then be pleasantly surprised with how well I did. I'm anticipating/hoping that with the afternoon session at least, that ends up being the case. A few years ago I felt horribly about the MBE but ended up doing fine. How you "feel" about it doesn't really mean anything. If it was hard, well it was supposed to be hard. If it was unfair, well then maybe your preparations were in some way deficient (if you did 75+% on Themis you probably don't have to worry about that). Trust your preparations and put it away until April/May.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:03 pm

PSK_246 wrote:
Neilt001 wrote:
JoLaw824 wrote:

Pretty sure we all have the same MBE questions but they are organized differently on a certain number of test forms. I thought the morning was easier than the afternoon, but I thought the afternoon was fine. By "fine," I mean I am less certain about how I did compared to the morning session, but am pretty sure I took care of business. Usually on Themis test mode I would be dreading hitting submit on the final question, and then be pleasantly surprised with how well I did. I'm anticipating/hoping that with the afternoon session at least, that ends up being the case. A few years ago I felt horribly about the MBE but ended up doing fine. How you "feel" about it doesn't really mean anything. If it was hard, well it was supposed to be hard. If it was unfair, well then maybe your preparations were in some way deficient (if you did 75+% on Themis you probably don't have to worry about that). Trust your preparations and put it away until April/May.
LOOVE the way you think. Fingers crossed then.

And yes it seems from what I've been reading that there are a few iterations of the exam (eg same questions but arranged differently). It sounds like everyone experienced one good session and one horrendous sessions - I guess they were just at different times.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi all just reviving this thread and checking in with the fellow Themis users. Hope you all did well!

I just wanna say I'm impressed with Themis. I'm a foreign-trained lawyer working full-time who needed a flexible review course that would basically teach me US law at my own pace in the comfort of my own home and for a reasonable cost. And passed with flying colors. Did 100% of the course, didn't do that well on the practice questions (you'll see my occasional freak outs earlier in this thread!), but ended up getting a 300/151. I'll def take it!

Thanks for all the support you guys and good luck with careers etc :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”