New York - MPRE, NYLE, and UBE Timing? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
1LOL1518

New

New York - MPRE, NYLE, and UBE Timing?

Post by 1LOL1518 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 pm

When is the best time to take the NYLE?

The March NYLE is 2 days from the MPRE, and I would rather not take the June NYLE during bar prep. Do people ever take the NYLE in September after the UBE?

kc128

Bronze

Re: New York - MPRE, NYLE, and UBE Timing?

Post by kc128 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:22 pm

1LOL1518 wrote:When is the best time to take the NYLE?

The March NYLE is 2 days from the MPRE, and I would rather not take the June NYLE during bar prep. Do people ever take the NYLE in September after the UBE?
I took it during June of bar prep, however the PDF was still searchable at the time (I've heard updates this has since changed). If you take it in June, all of the heavy work will be done by the end of April, as that is the cut off for watching the videos.

bretby

Bronze

Post by bretby » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:56 pm

1LOL1518 wrote:When is the best time to take the NYLE?

I would take it at the same time you do the MPRE. The NYLE requires zero preparation and the MPRE requires a couple days of preparation. Get as much of the little stuff out of the way before you start bar prep so that during bar prep/after the bar you don't need to worry about it.

okaygo

Silver

Post by okaygo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 pm

FWIW, I did not mind taking the NYLE during bar prep at all. All of the preparation it requires (aka NYLC) I completed during 3L. Did not study at all before, found a searchable PDF and ctrl+fed my way through. I think I finished the NYLE in like a hour and just moved on with my life/studying for the bar (passed both).

Would not recommend September. If you already have a job lined up the time/date of the NYLE may interfere with work commitments which would seem to me to be a bigger pain.

1LOL1518

New

Post by 1LOL1518 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Okay awesome I'll just take it earlier! Thanks all :)

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:10 pm

took the nyle as an associate and lots of other people do too; it's not a big deal. You've got time to monitor/respond to emails if you need to.

Also you can obviously make the PDF searchable even though the one they give you no longer is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”