MBE Contracts & Sales - Ridiculously hard or just me? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ScurryRay

New

MBE Contracts & Sales - Ridiculously hard or just me?

Post by ScurryRay » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:43 am

I'm doing Barbri. Is anyone else finding the Contracts & Sales questions ridiculously hard or is it just me? I did ok on the first two quizzes but on the last couple, am struggling to get 50% correct. Seems like so many obscure and detailed rules that it is hard to pick between the top two answers and I always seem to select the wrong one. Frustrating.

perplixityparanoia

New

Re: MBE Contracts & Sales - Ridiculously hard or just me?

Post by perplixityparanoia » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:14 am

Barbri contract questions are very difficult. But I find the AdaptiBar contract questions more maneaagble. I am still struggling to decide if I should give up practicing Barbri questions and just practice AdaptiBar instead.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 pm

The questions in some of the prep books (the non-official questions) can sometimes be unrealistically difficult because it's easier to come up with questions that are hard simply because they test nuances in the law than it is to come up with questions that are hard because they require legal analysis, logic, etc. The MBE difficult questions tend to fall more in the latter category but the prep companies sometimes opt for the former.

I think Barbri for the most part is quite good. Use a variety of sources (definitely including the released questions).

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

perplixityparanoia

New

Post by perplixityparanoia » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:58 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:The questions in some of the prep books (the non-official questions) can sometimes be unrealistically difficult because it's easier to come up with questions that are hard simply because they test nuances in the law than it is to come up with questions that are hard because they require legal analysis, logic, etc. The MBE difficult questions tend to fall more in the latter category but the prep companies sometimes opt for the former.

I think Barbri for the most part is quite good. Use a variety of sources (definitely including the released questions).

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Thank you. This is helpful.

For the most part my AdaptiBar score tends to be around 65-70% while Barbri is around 50%. This wide discrepancy is making me worried. But I guess instead of just ignoring Barbri, I will continue to practice Barbri.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”