C&F Question: Amending Application(s)? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cl101

New

C&F Question: Amending Application(s)?

Post by cl101 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 pm

I noticed a small, but potentially problematic, factual error on my law school application where I plan to matriculate. I will be withdrawing applications at other schools. I will of course amend my application at the school where I will be attending (nothing major: just messed up dates on a period of employment; wouldn't want for there to be discrepancies between this and my bar app). Do I need to go back and contact every last school I applied to, amending for each (there are over 10)? Or does the bar only receive a copy of the application from the school you actually attended? I imagine the second scenario must be the case, because I've heard of people amending as law students before…but better safe than sorry!

TLDR: for the C&F process, does the bar get every last one of your applications, or just the one(s) from the school you attend?

Tony48

New

Re: C&F Question: Amending Application(s)?

Post by Tony48 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 pm

They're probably only interested in the law school(s) you actually attended. My old bar app just asked about the one I went to. As far as I know, there's no way for them to even know about every law school you applied to, since that info is in your LSAC account and I don't think they have access to that.

But to be extra safe, I'd inform the schools, just in case. And unless you get a more definitive answer, I'd just let the schools know.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”