C&F Question: Amending Application(s)?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
cl101

New

C&F Question: Amending Application(s)?

Postby cl101 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:15 pm

I noticed a small, but potentially problematic, factual error on my law school application where I plan to matriculate. I will be withdrawing applications at other schools. I will of course amend my application at the school where I will be attending (nothing major: just messed up dates on a period of employment; wouldn't want for there to be discrepancies between this and my bar app). Do I need to go back and contact every last school I applied to, amending for each (there are over 10)? Or does the bar only receive a copy of the application from the school you actually attended? I imagine the second scenario must be the case, because I've heard of people amending as law students before…but better safe than sorry!

TLDR: for the C&F process, does the bar get every last one of your applications, or just the one(s) from the school you attend?

Tony48

New

Re: C&F Question: Amending Application(s)?

Postby Tony48 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 pm

They're probably only interested in the law school(s) you actually attended. My old bar app just asked about the one I went to. As far as I know, there's no way for them to even know about every law school you applied to, since that info is in your LSAC account and I don't think they have access to that.

But to be extra safe, I'd inform the schools, just in case. And unless you get a more definitive answer, I'd just let the schools know.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?