. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ilikemanipedis

New

Post by ilikemanipedis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Last edited by ilikemanipedis on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Re: Full-time working bar studiers (past and present) for Feb Bar

Post by PorscheFanatic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Working for a firm, taking Bar this February in CA.

I officially get 10 days (including the time to actually sit for the exam), but will probably take vacation and take off from February 5-28 (3 full weeks off leading up to test day).

All of the partners and associates I work for have been very supportive of me leaving early to go study and managing my workload to ensure I have plenty of study time.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:20 pm

2 weeks. I could ask for more as I have been extremely fortunate to have found a firm that has been supportive of me studying during slow periods and lunch without raising eyebrows.

Carly

New

Post by Carly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:48 pm

2 weeks- also v fortunate to have amazing employer

Mobster1983

New

Post by Mobster1983 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:43 am

State court clerkship taking my second bar (passed my state's bar in July). I’m flying to the state where I am taking the UBE the Thursday before the bar (5 hour flight). That's all the time I get off.

Mainly listening to lectures during my commute (1.5-2 hours each day) and taking practice tests when I can. I scored above 150 on the MBE (my state doesn't release scores, just tells me where I can transfer) and on the pre-MBE I scored about the same as I did on the Practice test a week before the July bar. For me, I am mainly focused on reviewing and rememorizing the rules.

Respondeat_Inferior

New

Post by Respondeat_Inferior » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Full time administrative director for the health services unit (psychiatrists and nurses) of a mental health non-profit that operates 50ish in-patient residential care facilities/supportive housing facilities for SPMI medicaid patients, as well as a few large outpatient centers and various other services like rental assistance, veterans affairs supportive housing, intensive case management, blah blah blah. I'm 2 and a half years removed from lawschool and didn't plan on using my degree for very reasons. They asked me to take the bar exam to have me take over various law-related things they handle (negotiating county contracts, internal quality control, union negotiations, HIPAA).

I'm getting 0 days off to study and I have to use vacation time for the 2 days of the bar exam. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”