Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
ilikemanipedis

New

Postby ilikemanipedis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Last edited by ilikemanipedis on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PorscheFanatic

Bronze

Re: Full-time working bar studiers (past and present) for Feb Bar

Postby PorscheFanatic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Working for a firm, taking Bar this February in CA.

I officially get 10 days (including the time to actually sit for the exam), but will probably take vacation and take off from February 5-28 (3 full weeks off leading up to test day).

All of the partners and associates I work for have been very supportive of me leaving early to go study and managing my workload to ensure I have plenty of study time.

RCinDNA

Bronze

Postby RCinDNA » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:20 pm

2 weeks. I could ask for more as I have been extremely fortunate to have found a firm that has been supportive of me studying during slow periods and lunch without raising eyebrows.

Carly

New

Postby Carly » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:48 pm

2 weeks- also v fortunate to have amazing employer

Mobster1983

New

Postby Mobster1983 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:43 am

State court clerkship taking my second bar (passed my state's bar in July). I’m flying to the state where I am taking the UBE the Thursday before the bar (5 hour flight). That's all the time I get off.

Mainly listening to lectures during my commute (1.5-2 hours each day) and taking practice tests when I can. I scored above 150 on the MBE (my state doesn't release scores, just tells me where I can transfer) and on the pre-MBE I scored about the same as I did on the Practice test a week before the July bar. For me, I am mainly focused on reviewing and rememorizing the rules.

Respondeat_Inferior

New

Postby Respondeat_Inferior » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 pm

Full time administrative director for the health services unit (psychiatrists and nurses) of a mental health non-profit that operates 50ish in-patient residential care facilities/supportive housing facilities for SPMI medicaid patients, as well as a few large outpatient centers and various other services like rental assistance, veterans affairs supportive housing, intensive case management, blah blah blah. I'm 2 and a half years removed from lawschool and didn't plan on using my degree for very reasons. They asked me to take the bar exam to have me take over various law-related things they handle (negotiating county contracts, internal quality control, union negotiations, HIPAA).

I'm getting 0 days off to study and I have to use vacation time for the 2 days of the bar exam. :D

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?