GA July 2018 exam- attorney’s exam or full exam? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SraquelL

New

GA July 2018 exam- attorney’s exam or full exam?

Post by SraquelL » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 pm

I am licensed in PA, and am debating whether I should take the attorney’s exam or the full bar exam in July. I know for the attorney’s exam you are given a score of 135 for the MBE. Anyone have experience taking the GA attorney’s exam?

wwwcol

Bronze

Re: GA July 2018 exam- attorney’s exam or full exam?

Post by wwwcol » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:43 am

Your instinct is right that you’re better off taking the full exam. I said this in another thread:

I would recommend taking the two-day exam. If you take the Attorney's exam, the bar assigns you a score of 136 for the MBE, which means you need to score 136 on the state portion to pass. If you take the two-day test and score a 150+ on the MBE (not very difficult), you can pass without needing to study the state topics (at least two or three of the four essays typically test an MBE topic). There's a good thread (Strong MBE=Autopass) about this somewhere on the forum.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”