February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
User avatar
Neilt001

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby Neilt001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Hey sorry, I'm sure this is answered elsewhere. But can you leave belongings at Armory and will they be safe(ish?). I hear bleachers is the spot. Do you bring your wallet/phone etc and leave it with the rest of your stuff, or would you just not bring it at all? Never written before (let alone at Armory) so don't know what to expect.

Thanks!!

kc128

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby kc128 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Neilt001 wrote:Hey sorry, I'm sure this is answered elsewhere. But can you leave belongings at Armory and will they be safe(ish?). I hear bleachers is the spot. Do you bring your wallet/phone etc and leave it with the rest of your stuff, or would you just not bring it at all? Never written before (let alone at Armory) so don't know what to expect.

Thanks!!


People usually sit in the bleachers during lunch, but belongings are all left in the lobby area on the 1st floor. There's lots of floor space and coat racks. Presuming you don't bring something unusually uber expensive, I'm sure you'll be fine. I left my coat and bag there both days of the exam in a specific corner so I could quickly dig it out at lunch.

User avatar
Neilt001

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby Neilt001 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:16 pm

kc128 wrote:People usually sit in the bleachers during lunch, but belongings are all left in the lobby area on the 1st floor. There's lots of floor space and coat racks. Presuming you don't bring something unusually uber expensive, I'm sure you'll be fine. I left my coat and bag there both days of the exam in a specific corner so I could quickly dig it out at lunch.


Thanks kc128! I think I'll do that. Must remember to leave my diamond encrusted iPhone case at home then ;) :wink:

Barexamny22

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby Barexamny22 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Hello everyone,

I am from NYC but went to law school out of state, and subject to the new NY bar rules I am taking the bar in Albany. I am staying at a hotel close to Albany medical center. I am not driving. I have no problem taking a cab from the hotel to Albany convention hall, but I am worried as to how am I suppose to get back to the hotel if I don't have my phone with me (i need my cell to use Uber)? Does anyone know if there are yellow cabs that available after the bar exam outside the convention hall? I know this is a ridiculous question, but I am truly debating as to whether i should just bring my phone to the test site as there is no subway available in Albany and I don't have a car :(

UKATTORNEYUSA

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby UKATTORNEYUSA » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Barexamny22 wrote:Hello everyone,

I am from NYC but went to law school out of state, and subject to the new NY bar rules I am taking the bar in Albany. I am staying at a hotel close to Albany medical center. I am not driving. I have no problem taking a cab from the hotel to Albany convention hall, but I am worried as to how am I suppose to get back to the hotel if I don't have my phone with me (i need my cell to use Uber)? Does anyone know if there are yellow cabs that available after the bar exam outside the convention hall? I know this is a ridiculous question, but I am truly debating as to whether i should just bring my phone to the test site as there is no subway available in Albany and I don't have a car :(


When I was there, at the main entrance you will see cab drivers who do share pool. So, anyone else staying at your hotel or hotels on route will share the ride with you. It weren't expensive either. There are buses but I was there for Feb exam, so cold and lots of snow.

Barexamny22

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby Barexamny22 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks so much! Would you also happen to know if there is a safe space to leave my coat in the convention center? Would you recommend pre-ordering food there or are there sufficient food venues inside the convention? I have never been to Albany, and I am worried there won't be as many options as we have in NYC.

UKATTORNEYUSA

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby UKATTORNEYUSA » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:44 pm

Barexamny22 wrote:Thanks so much! Would you also happen to know if there is a safe space to leave my coat in the convention center? Would you recommend pre-ordering food there or are there sufficient food venues inside the convention? I have never been to Albany, and I am worried there won't be as many options as we have in NYC.


As far as I can remember, there was an indoor market, food vendors and McD's. I got a sandwich from the food vendor as the queue in McD's was long.

There was a designated area to leave coats and bags. I didn't bring a bag with me though. Good luck and all the best!

eldausa

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Re: February 2018 NY Bar Exam Location Selection Emails

Postby eldausa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:40 am

First time taker at Armory. I ordered lunch for both days and I am hoping I will find a nice spot where is not cold to try and enjoy it.
Good Luck everyone!



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Allux, Dumplingdude42 and 54 guests