Potential C and F issues. NY bar

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
nybarcand2017

New

Potential C and F issues. NY bar

Postby nybarcand2017 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:31 am

So when I was completing my law school application I put that I had an associates degree from the undergrad school I transferred from. I sent my resume to a friend so he could look it over before I submitted it. He told me that I didn't have an associates degree. I was under the assumption that once you finished two years of undergrad you are automatically awarded an associates degree. He convinced me otherwise. So when I completed my applications I just listed my bachelors degree. However I forgot to take it off my application resume before I submitted with my applications. 2 years pass, I look through my law school application and I notice this mistake/discrepancy. I emailed my law school dean to amend my application and he accepted the amendment and the law school took no action. I am currently applying to the NY bar and I'm really worried that this will be an issue with the committee.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Potential C and F issues. NY bar

Postby Nebby » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:54 am

Won't be an issue

mcmand

Silver

Postby mcmand » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:05 am

Nebby wrote:Won't be an issue
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSSS

New

Postby LSSS » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:41 pm

nybarcand2017 wrote:So when I was completing my law school application I put that I had an associates degree from the undergrad school I transferred from. I sent my resume to a friend so he could look it over before I submitted it. He told me that I didn't have an associates degree. I was under the assumption that once you finished two years of undergrad you are automatically awarded an associates degree. He convinced me otherwise. So when I completed my applications I just listed my bachelors degree. However I forgot to take it off my application resume before I submitted with my applications. 2 years pass, I look through my law school application and I notice this mistake/discrepancy. I emailed my law school dean to amend my application and he accepted the amendment and the law school took no action. I am currently applying to the NY bar and I'm really worried that this will be an issue with the committee.

You're fine.

b290

Bronze

Postby b290 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:06 pm

nybarcand2017 wrote:So when I was completing my law school application I put that I had an associates degree from the undergrad school I transferred from. I sent my resume to a friend so he could look it over before I submitted it. He told me that I didn't have an associates degree. I was under the assumption that once you finished two years of undergrad you are automatically awarded an associates degree. He convinced me otherwise. So when I completed my applications I just listed my bachelors degree. However I forgot to take it off my application resume before I submitted with my applications. 2 years pass, I look through my law school application and I notice this mistake/discrepancy. I emailed my law school dean to amend my application and he accepted the amendment and the law school took no action. I am currently applying to the NY bar and I'm really worried that this will be an issue with the committee.

Your law school didn’t take any action, so I don’t see why C & F would. If you’re THAT worried about it, write a letter detailing your OP.

Not an issue. You’re good 8)

My $.02

Stalemated

New

Postby Stalemated » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:36 am

Just to reiterate, you're fine.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?