Themis v. BarBri: Who wins? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
3LGreg

New

Themis v. BarBri: Who wins?

Post by 3LGreg » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:26 pm

I'm taking the February 2018 bar in Minnesota. Does anyone have strong feelings why either of these is a disaster or a God send?
Thanks all..

kingkonglaw

New

Re: Themis v. BarBri: Who wins?

Post by kingkonglaw » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm

3LGreg wrote:I'm taking the February 2018 bar in Minnesota. Does anyone have strong feelings why either of these is a disaster or a God send?
Thanks all..
Hey Greg, who did you end up going with?

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:33 pm

3LGreg wrote:I'm taking the February 2018 bar in Minnesota. Does anyone have strong feelings why either of these is a disaster or a God send?
Thanks all..
Too bad I was not active at the time and or missed this post... still, I am interested in what your decision was as well!

beep.boop.lawyering

New

Post by beep.boop.lawyering » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Yes. Absolutely. I am taking Themis. I know about 20 people who failed the Texas Bar in July (NONE of which took Themis). I have yet to meet one person who has failed with Themis. Everyone I know who failed in July took either Barbri or Kaplan. :D

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 pm

I have been through many books and I think Barbri's Conviser mini review is the best of all them. But Themis is excellent from all I've seen and provides for some more modern options than Barbri which can be quite traditional.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:00 pm

BarBri’s CMR is amazing. It is very comprehensive. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to memorize each sentence in a 20-50 page outline multiplied by 16+ subjects so it’s value does not get revealed until you try realeased questions and realize the CMR covered it in a single sentence tucked away somewhere in the massive text.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”