Themis Texas Bar Fillable Handouts

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
TxBarStudy

New

Themis Texas Bar Fillable Handouts

Postby TxBarStudy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:26 pm

I am taking the TX bar in February 2018, and I am using Themis to prep. When I took the bar previously, what frustrated me most was having to watch lectures in order to fill out handouts. I learn better without lectures.

Does anyone know how I can obtain already filled in Themis handouts? I called Themis, and they refused to provide them.

Thanks.

Estecontre

Bronze

Re: Themis Texas Bar Fillable Handouts

Postby Estecontre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:55 am

TxBarStudy wrote:I am taking the TX bar in February 2018, and I am using Themis to prep. When I took the bar previously, what frustrated me most was having to watch lectures in order to fill out handouts. I learn better without lectures.

Does anyone know how I can obtain already filled in Themis handouts? I called Themis, and they refused to provide them.

Thanks.

I might have some old one's I can upload and send...but in all honesty it just seems like a waste of time. If you're not going to bother to listen to lectures and fill out the handouts, use your time doing something else instead. Time wasted on something you're only putting half effort into is still time wasted you could've put full effort into.

TxBarStudy

New

Postby TxBarStudy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Estecontre wrote:
TxBarStudy wrote:I am taking the TX bar in February 2018, and I am using Themis to prep. When I took the bar previously, what frustrated me most was having to watch lectures in order to fill out handouts. I learn better without lectures.

Thanks.

I might have some old one's I can upload and send...but in all honesty it just seems like a waste of time. If you're not going to bother to listen to lectures and fill out the handouts, use your time doing something else instead. Time wasted on something you're only putting half effort into is still time wasted you could've put full effort into.

Respectfully disagree. But to each their own.

I want to spend my time memorizing the already filled in handouts -- I don't want to waste my time watching the lectures and filling in the handouts, as I have never learned well from lectures. I'd rather just hammer the already filled in handouts into my head and do practice problems.

I've already passed the bar in a different state, so I know what I need to do to pass this one. Moreover, I'll be working fulltime in a biglaw firm while I study, so any time I can save on needlessly time-consuming tasks will be a great help.

If you don't mind sending over what you have, it would be greatly appreciated.

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 pm

TxBarStudy wrote:
Estecontre wrote:

Thanks.

I want to spend my time memorizing the already filled in handouts -- I don't want to waste my time watching the lectures and filling in the handouts, as I have never learned well from lectures. I'd rather just hammer the already filled in handouts into my head and do practice problems.

I've already passed the bar in a different state, so I know what I need to do to pass this one. Moreover, I'll be working fulltime in a biglaw firm while I study, so any time I can save on needlessly time-consuming tasks will be a great help.

I'll see what I can dig up. But you might also just want to use the condensed outlines they give you and just study those and focus on the areas they tell you are the most heavily tested. I did this instead of using the handouts. I filled them out and found that using their condensed outlines were better than those handouts. But like you said, to each their own.

I'll let you know if I do find them.

TxBarStudy

New

Postby TxBarStudy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Estecontre wrote:
TxBarStudy wrote:
Estecontre wrote:

Thanks.

I'll see what I can dig up. But you might also just want to use the condensed outlines they give you and just study those and focus on the areas they tell you are the most heavily tested. I did this instead of using the handouts. I filled them out and found that using their condensed outlines were better than those handouts. But like you said, to each their own.

Thanks. The "condensed" outlines are too long, and the handouts were perfect for when I took the bar previously. I've been through this drill before, and know what I need to do. In any event, I appreciate the recommendations.

Estecontre

Bronze

Postby Estecontre » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm

TxBarStudy wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TxBarStudy wrote:
Estecontre wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks. The "condensed" outlines are too long, and the handouts were perfect for when I took the bar previously. I've been through this drill before, and know what I need to do. In any event, I appreciate the recommendations.

Of course. Once you've been through it, you know what works best for you. I'll be honest, I haven't had the time to look for them yet, but I haven't forgotten! I'll look for them ASAP and I'll let you know.

TxBarStudy

New

Postby TxBarStudy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Estecontre wrote:
TxBarStudy wrote:
Estecontre wrote:
TxBarStudy wrote:
Estecontre wrote:

Thanks.

Of course. Once you've been through it, you know what works best for you. I'll be honest, I haven't had the time to look for them yet, but I haven't forgotten! I'll look for them ASAP and I'll let you know.

No rush. But thanks so much -- it will be an amazing weight off my shoulders knowing I don't have to go through and fill them in myself. Have a nice holiday

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�