NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
rayforoc

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 9:36 pm

NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby rayforoc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Here's the link:

http://store.ncbex.org/mbe/

Seems like all together there's 400-600+ questions there (assuming the study aid has different ones from the four 100 question sets). It says they give explanations for right and wrong answers. Given that NCBE designs the exam, I feel this might be an option.

Anyone use this materal?

Thanks.

User avatar
SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:19 pm

It's very good. Just within the last few days, 210 additional questions were released. These are of course worth buying but the 4 tests they've released at least have answer explanations so I'd get those first.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

rayforoc

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby rayforoc » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks Sean,

I think I am going to buy study aid and all four exams. The 210 additional questions just released, are those the ones in the study aid or are they somewhere else? I saw this study aid posted two weeks ago. Thanks!

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby myrtlewinston » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:32 am


User avatar
SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:41 pm

These are actually different than the study aid. Brand new questions (finally!). And 30 civ pro questions even.

Neve

Bronze
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:45 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby Neve » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:23 am

Just buy BarMax which should include those OPE questions in addition to older questions.

User avatar
Candy Wrappers

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby Candy Wrappers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:These are actually different than the study aid. Brand new questions (finally!). And 30 civ pro questions even.


Are the study aid questions (210; $85 electronic) the newly released MBE questions you were talking about?

User avatar
Candy Wrappers

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby Candy Wrappers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 pm

rayforoc wrote:Thanks Sean,

I think I am going to buy study aid and all four exams. The 210 additional questions just released, are those the ones in the study aid or are they somewhere else? I saw this study aid posted two weeks ago. Thanks!


Did you end up buying the study aid? What did you think? I'm considering buying it as well.

rayforoc

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby rayforoc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:37 am

Candy Wrappers wrote:
rayforoc wrote:Thanks Sean,

I think I am going to buy study aid and all four exams. The 210 additional questions just released, are those the ones in the study aid or are they somewhere else? I saw this study aid posted two weeks ago. Thanks!


Did you end up buying the study aid? What did you think? I'm considering buying it as well.


Yes, I ordered the hardcopy last week. Should arrive manana or monday. The thing is insofar as they are new questions (which is key), they are grouped together by subject--so not mixed. I am thinking about when to do them (ie, whether to wait till the end or do them as soon as I get them).

I was thinking that I would continue going through adaptibar and then toward the end of prep hitting the study guide split into four days, then doing the S&T 200 questions right after for four more days. Thus, it would be eight days straight of hard copy testing thereby getting me used to exam day conditions. Only drawback is the four days splitting the study guide wouldn't really be mixed, and not doing mixed for four days so close to exam day is iffy. However, maybe I will do some adaptibar questions that night before bed.

User avatar
Candy Wrappers

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby Candy Wrappers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 pm

rayforoc wrote:
Candy Wrappers wrote:
rayforoc wrote:Thanks Sean,

I think I am going to buy study aid and all four exams. The 210 additional questions just released, are those the ones in the study aid or are they somewhere else? I saw this study aid posted two weeks ago. Thanks!


Did you end up buying the study aid? What did you think? I'm considering buying it as well.


Yes, I ordered the hardcopy last week. Should arrive manana or monday. The thing is insofar as they are new questions (which is key), they are grouped together by subject--so not mixed. I am thinking about when to do them (ie, whether to wait till the end or do them as soon as I get them).

I was thinking that I would continue going through adaptibar and then toward the end of prep hitting the study guide split into four days, then doing the S&T 200 questions right after for four more days. Thus, it would be eight days straight of hard copy testing thereby getting me used to exam day conditions. Only drawback is the four days splitting the study guide wouldn't really be mixed, and not doing mixed for four days so close to exam day is iffy. However, maybe I will do some adaptibar questions that night before bed.



Thanks for responding! I think that's a good plan you got there. It will give you a good estimate of where you will be on the real thing. Personally, I was thinking about doing them 2 weeks before the exam, just so I will be able to give myself enough time to figure out the wrong and still learn them - especially since they don't have explanations. I have terrible test anxiety, which was my downfall last time. So, i need to be more aware of how I prep this time so I don't let anxiety take over.

Would you mind telling me what you think of them when you get them on Monday? Would greatly appreciate it, consider it's another $100 i will be dropping into this already massive investment. Thanks!

supa_mitsu

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby supa_mitsu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:19 pm

I would love to hear your feedback too when you get them! Thinking about getting the PDF copy myself soon.

meat tornado

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby meat tornado » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:52 am

Will any bar prep company produce written explainations for these questions before the Feb exam? I'd buy them

rayforoc

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby rayforoc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 pm

So I have this thing in my possession and can say with confidence the outlines are trash. What I did personally was print out the 2018 list thing of all topics covered for all 7 subjects and in the next couple weeks I'll, next to each topic write the rule. In terms of the questions, yeah no explanations and all grouped. I have yet to do any of them and will wait a bit, but I like Candy Wrapper's plan for when to do them so I'll probably do the same thing. Going to break from this dark cave and go hit shoulders.

onlyunholy

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby onlyunholy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Is it true that this recent 210-question release from NCBE with 30 Civ Pro questions are ALL new NCBE questions (ones that Adaptibar/S&T don't have in them)? I have both of them and am trying to figure out if this new one is all new questions (for a potential simulated exam in the next couple of weeks) and if it would be worth getting despite the fact that all of the questions are grouped together and don't have explanations... alternatively, I could do a barbri simulated MBE, although those don't use real questions...

perplixityparanoia

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby perplixityparanoia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:16 am

Anyone finding these questions more difficult than AdaptiBar and/or Strategies Tactics? I am really struggling with CivPro of the new MBE StudyAid.

Also, if anyone knows of any company who prepared explanation for these questions, please share. Thank you!

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 pm

https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/r ... questions/

I’m doing the Civ Pro questions now. They may be harder than, say, Kaplan’s!

onlyunholy

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby onlyunholy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 pm

What 100 MBE questions are they selling for $100? I see that 15 of them are the new CivPro questions..does that mean the other 85 are also from the 210 newly released MBE questions?

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 pm

perplixityparanoia wrote:Anyone finding these questions more difficult than AdaptiBar and/or Strategies Tactics? I am really struggling with CivPro of the new MBE StudyAid.

Also, if anyone knows of any company who prepared explanation for these questions, please share. Thank you!


Have you done questions from the other sections besides Civ Pro?

perplixityparanoia

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby perplixityparanoia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
perplixityparanoia wrote:Anyone finding these questions more difficult than AdaptiBar and/or Strategies Tactics? I am really struggling with CivPro of the new MBE StudyAid.

Also, if anyone knows of any company who prepared explanation for these questions, please share. Thank you!


Have you done questions from the other sections besides Civ Pro?


I have done Property which I did not find as difficult as Civ Pro. I still have work on the rest of the newly released questions.

Baller31

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby Baller31 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 am

Would anybody be able to send a PDF of the new MBE 210 question set to me? If you have finished it or have no need for it, I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.

ubebarstudying

Bronze
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Just my 2 cents... But I would go with buying the NCBE study aid over a supplemental course (especially at this time) that purports to contain said questions. If the NCBE ones are more difficult at least it's a more accurate depiction of what may be tested and how their questions are formed. Batman and adaptibar...Well, neither are cheap, though addaptibar is less steep and I think more practical/useful for your needs, and I guess I just feel like if you are practicing/studying for the bar there isn't really a better source to familiarize yourself with it than the NCBE itself.

Thecharmishere

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby Thecharmishere » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Any one else tried the new questions? What are your thoughts?

rayforoc

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby rayforoc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Thecharmishere wrote:Any one else tried the new questions? What are your thoughts?


Just getting to them today, not sure if I should circle the right answer and just review them or actually try them first. Leaning towards latter because its the harder thing and really the right thing to do. I will post again.

Marjorie Morningstar

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby Marjorie Morningstar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 am

JD Advising has the Civ Pro questions and they have prepared answers. I've purchased their book and their MBE Guide, and while both are a little pricey they aren't overboard, and their material is good. They have a good reputation here in Michigan. I'm thinking i will get just the Civ Pro Q for 49.99. I have Adaptibar as well as Themis, and frankly, I have enough trouble getting through the daily MBE practice just on Themis alone. I'm trying to concentrate quite heavily on essay practice for this final week of prep, but it would be worthwhile to get better with Civ Pro. Preclusion hypos drive me nuts. I feel like I understand preclusion, but I can't seem to get ever get an answer right. Anyway, here's the link if anyone wants it. Their blog is worth exploring too.

https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/r ... questions/

beep.boop.lawyering

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Re: NCBE MBE Study Aid Material Good?

Postby beep.boop.lawyering » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:51 pm

Baller31 wrote:Would anybody be able to send a PDF of the new MBE 210 question set to me? If you have finished it or have no need for it, I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks.

SAME HERE!!



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big_Mac, estefanchanning, IndoubtputC, pvnyc, qds6HVzD, wendykr and 69 guests