schedule - self studying Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
msummer

New

schedule - self studying

Post by msummer » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Is anyone interested in sharing her/his schedule for Ube?

a male human

Gold

Re: schedule - self studying

Post by a male human » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:35 pm

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Wow thanks for this.

I am completely freaking out for the CA bar and working full time and putting on my first federal trial at the end of january, I am glad this doesnt think we are too late. I have been self studying since the middle of October with no real plan and I would say less than 75 hours logged, I am definitely panicking

JakeTappers

Bronze

Post by JakeTappers » Mon May 21, 2018 12:00 am

horriblegb wrote:Wow thanks for this.

I am completely freaking out for the CA bar and working full time and putting on my first federal trial at the end of january, I am glad this doesnt think we are too late. I have been self studying since the middle of October with no real plan and I would say less than 75 hours logged, I am definitely panicking
Mind saying if you are AUSA? I may be joining CDCAL office but have been practicing in another state for 5 years. Know I will have to take CA bar at some point but am wondering what my timeline will be in terms of starting and practicing.

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Mon May 21, 2018 11:26 am

I am not an AUSA, but with a much smaller agency. Our office covers multiple districts inside CA and out, so I have been able to work this whole time, just not on anything in the C.D. Cal. I also transferred offices so I had work to do from my old office as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JakeTappers

Bronze

Post by JakeTappers » Mon May 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Wow - so, is it your understanding that I’ll have to be admitted before I can even start in that office?

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Mon May 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Well here is the local rule:

L.R. 83-2.1.4.1 Attorney for the United States, or its Departments or Agencies.
Any person who is not eligible for admission under L.R. 83-2.1.2 or 83-2.1.3, who is employed within this state and is a member in good standing of, and eligible to practice before, the bar of any United States Court ... and is of good moral character, may be granted leave of court to practice in this Court in any matter for which such person is employed or retained by the United States, or its departments or agencies. The application for such permission must include a certification filed with the Clerk showing that the applicant has applied to take the next succeeding Bar Examination for admission to the State Bar of California for which that applicant is eligible. No later than one year after submitting the foregoing application, the applicant must submit to this Court proof of admission to the State Bar of California. Failure to do so will result in revocation of permission to practice in this Court.

So my understanding is that you can start working, but you only have a year to pass the bar exam. My office just did not put me on any LA cases yet so I did not have to go through the process. I think it will depend on the office but you at least get a full year of work in is my guess.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”