California has one of the easier Moral Character application standards? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

California has one of the easier Moral Character application standards?

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 pm

I remember reading somewhere that it is easier to receive a positive determination on California's Moral Character application compared to many other states. Does anyone have any other input on this? (I am still waiting on my application).

maxmartin

Silver

Re: California has one of the easier Moral Character application standards?

Post by maxmartin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:10 pm

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:I remember reading somewhere that it is easier to receive a positive determination on California's Moral Character application compared to many other states. Does anyone have any other input on this? (I am still waiting on my application).
Easier in what aspect? Lol

BulletTooth

Bronze

Post by BulletTooth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Yeah, what do you mean by easier? I know the screeners are probably more overworked than those in other states, so maybe that leads to them seeking less information on minor issues.

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:26 pm

I don't know in what aspect. I just read that CA is one of the easier states. I found the article where I read it:

"I think this is the end of the line," New York University Law professor Stephen Gillers said. "California is among the more forgiving states, and if he can't get past the California Supreme Court, he is blocked everywhere."

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/27 ... s-20140128

AspiringCALawyer

New

Post by AspiringCALawyer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:37 am

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:I don't know in what aspect. I just read that CA is one of the easier states. I found the article where I read it:

"I think this is the end of the line," New York University Law professor Stephen Gillers said. "California is among the more forgiving states, and if he can't get past the California Supreme Court, he is blocked everywhere."

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/27 ... s-20140128
I read it as TOTAL honesty in disclosing all past sins, in addition to exhibiting concert steps of redemption, without a stank attitude. That doesn't sound very easy. It sounds a bit subjective/uncertain, depending on the issue(s) involved.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”