JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
JD28

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 pm

JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JD28 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Hey guys, so I am studying for the Feb 2018 bar exam and I purchased the MEE "one-sheets" from JD Advising. I like the bar related articles they post and the one-sheets seemed like a beneficial study aid so I decided to make the investment. I just received my one-sheet booklet and slipped inside the front page is the terms and conditions, one of which states "I further agree that... there are no warranties as to the accuracy of the information presented herein." Am I being paranoid to feel uneasy about that term? I understand that any condensed bar prep aid can't promise that all of the their included rules will actually show up on the bar exam, but I definitely think that a study aid should promise that the information they are providing is ACCURATE... opinions? Thanks!!

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby myrtlewinston » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:02 am

I think JD Advising is being careful in the lawyerly way. The material is seems accurate.

JD28

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JD28 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 pm

after using the materials for some time, I agree with you. thanks for your reply!

User avatar
ndbigdave

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:25 am

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby ndbigdave » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:29 pm

JD28 wrote:after using the materials for some time, I agree with you. thanks for your reply!


People should always use what they are comfortable with and like, but for the money I would suggest checking out SmartBar Prep's outlines. They offer both full outlines and "concise" outlines which generally run from 1 to I believe a max of 15 pages (while also offering the analysis of all of the past MEE tests for subject/subtopic/rule frequency) for the money you get far more with SmartBar.

https://www.smartbarprep.com/outline/

jacketyellow

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby jacketyellow » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 pm

JD28 wrote:Hey guys, so I am studying for the Feb 2018 bar exam and I purchased the MEE "one-sheets" from JD Advising. I like the bar related articles they post and the one-sheets seemed like a beneficial study aid so I decided to make the investment. I just received my one-sheet booklet and slipped inside the front page is the terms and conditions, one of which states "I further agree that... there are no warranties as to the accuracy of the information presented herein." Am I being paranoid to feel uneasy about that term? I understand that any condensed bar prep aid can't promise that all of the their included rules will actually show up on the bar exam, but I definitely think that a study aid should promise that the information they are providing is ACCURATE... opinions? Thanks!!


I'm sure JD Advising is fine. They correctly predicted all of the topics on the MEE for July 2017.

However, I would choose Smart Bar Prep and their Lean Sheets, which teaches you all the commonly tested rules for each subject. It's how I passed.

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.

Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.

msummer

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby msummer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.

Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


I agree.
I also found some incorrect statements of law in their One Sheet.
Considering the price tag, I would expect the material to be totally accurate.

kingkonglaw

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby kingkonglaw » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:48 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.
Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


For what it's worth, I used Studicata's 3-step system for my prep and it totally saved my bacon.

It combines what is good from both the one-sheets and SBP. Their attack outline with rule-frequency also correctly predicted the topics for the July 2017 MEE, but presented the material in such an easy to read and color-coded format that absorbing the info was really straightforward.

With the attack outline combined with the summaries included in the 3-step system, i was able to memorize the rules I really needed to know for my essay prep. As to stretching my dollar, the flashcard app + the thorough attack outline + the condensed summaries i couldn't find a bigger bang for my buck after shelling out for my full course..

hope this helps! Good luck everyone. :roll:

msummer

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby msummer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:19 pm

kingkonglaw wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.
Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


For what it's worth, I used Studicata's 3-step system for my prep and it totally saved my bacon.

It combines what is good from both the one-sheets and SBP. Their attack outline with rule-frequency also correctly predicted the topics for the July 2017 MEE, but presented the material in such an easy to read and color-coded format that absorbing the info was really straightforward.

With the attack outline combined with the summaries included in the 3-step system, i was able to memorize the rules I really needed to know for my essay prep. As to stretching my dollar, the flashcard app + the thorough attack outline + the condensed summaries i couldn't find a bigger bang for my buck after shelling out for my full course..



hope this helps! Good luck everyone. :roll:


Thank you.
Did you read the Studica/SBP long outlines too? I wonder what will be the best way to study for the MEE portion consuming the time left.

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby ubebarstudying » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:23 pm

kingkonglaw wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.
Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


For what it's worth, I used Studicata's 3-step system for my prep and it totally saved my bacon.

It combines what is good from both the one-sheets and SBP. Their attack outline with rule-frequency also correctly predicted the topics for the July 2017 MEE, but presented the material in such an easy to read and color-coded format that absorbing the info was really straightforward.

With the attack outline combined with the summaries included in the 3-step system, i was able to memorize the rules I really needed to know for my essay prep. As to stretching my dollar, the flashcard app + the thorough attack outline + the condensed summaries i couldn't find a bigger bang for my buck after shelling out for my full course..

hope this helps! Good luck everyone. :roll:


So glad I saw this, I was about to say..why are people using those programs when there is a concern about the accuracy and the JD Advising product is 200 bucks, 300 if you want MBE materials, and smartbar's lowest package is 124 bucks and appears to only b. Buying both...in addition to a bar prep program? I mean..even if you weren't or didn't take a prep company course, you are talking a min of $324.00 for both of those, $424.00 if you do the "smart thing" buying the MBE and MEE JD advising product or if you were to buy the middle or highest package from smartbar.

I used studicata - I find their summaries to be better than lean sheets {which overuse abbreviations yet are almost as long as studicata's summaries), their flashcards now have an app for use which is really nice, and their attack outlines are on point. I neurotically checked compared their statements/rules to my prep programs as I was condensing down my personal outlines. I just looked and they are currently priced at $97 per portion of their program or $160 overall. Then I went to the NCBEX website and paid 20 bucks for the previous exam's essay question and looked at their model answers and their grading criteria/scales. I have a 20% off discount code for studicata as well, so it would be much more affordable but at this point especially if you already purchased JD Advising's one sheets...well you don't want to overload yourself with sources when you're 20 days out and trying to condense etc.

kingkonglaw

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby kingkonglaw » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 pm

msummer wrote:
kingkonglaw wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.
Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


For what it's worth, I used Studicata's 3-step system for my prep and it totally saved my bacon.

It combines what is good from both the one-sheets and SBP. Their attack outline with rule-frequency also correctly predicted the topics for the July 2017 MEE, but presented the material in such an easy to read and color-coded format that absorbing the info was really straightforward.

With the attack outline combined with the summaries included in the 3-step system, i was able to memorize the rules I really needed to know for my essay prep. As to stretching my dollar, the flashcard app + the thorough attack outline + the condensed summaries i couldn't find a bigger bang for my buck after shelling out for my full course..



hope this helps! Good luck everyone. :roll:


Thank you.
Did you read the Studica/SBP long outlines too? I wonder what will be the best way to study for the MEE portion consuming the time left.


I looked at SBP free sample in comparison with the Studicata Attack Outline sample. The studicata longer outline looked more appealing to me, so i went with that. Also, i purchased the materials a week out from the exam and was able to get through the whole thing with plenty of time and it gave me the confidence boost i needed to carry me through to exam day.

I will echo what ubebarstudying was saying though and you don't want to overload yourself too much. But if you are feeling hesitant and not very confident with where you are at in your preparation, then i would grab an outline for that peace of mind. That's what personally prompted my purchase because i did not have my own condensed outline and wanted a pre-made outline that i could reference, not worry about having to build one myself and then i could simply focus on last minute memorization to bolster my "weak" areas down the home stretch.

Good luck - you got this! :)

msummer

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby msummer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:34 am

kingkonglaw wrote:
msummer wrote:
kingkonglaw wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.
Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


For what it's worth, I used Studicata's 3-step system for my prep and it totally saved my bacon.

It combines what is good from both the one-sheets and SBP. Their attack outline with rule-frequency also correctly predicted the topics for the July 2017 MEE, but presented the material in such an easy to read and color-coded format that absorbing the info was really straightforward.

With the attack outline combined with the summaries included in the 3-step system, i was able to memorize the rules I really needed to know for my essay prep. As to stretching my dollar, the flashcard app + the thorough attack outline + the condensed summaries i couldn't find a bigger bang for my buck after shelling out for my full course..


Thank you for your inputs.
you are totally right about not overload my self at this point. I actually prefer Studicata’s short outlines over One Sheet because I feel like they are a great tool for review as well.
I think I will read the attack outlines for the MEE subjects and the summarize for the MBE subject since I already have a good outlines for those but I have a very little knowledge regarding the MEE subjects.


hope this helps! Good luck everyone. :roll:


Thank you.
Did you read the Studica/SBP long outlines too? I wonder what will be the best way to study for the MEE portion consuming the time left.


I looked at SBP free sample in comparison with the Studicata Attack Outline sample. The studicata longer outline looked more appealing to me, so i went with that. Also, i purchased the materials a week out from the exam and was able to get through the whole thing with plenty of time and it gave me the confidence boost i needed to carry me through to exam day.

I will echo what ubebarstudying was saying though and you don't want to overload yourself too much. But if you are feeling hesitant and not very confident with where you are at in your preparation, then i would grab an outline for that peace of mind. That's what personally prompted my purchase because i did not have my own condensed outline and wanted a pre-made outline that i could reference, not worry about having to build one myself and then i could simply focus on last minute memorization to bolster my "weak" areas down the home stretch.

Good luck - you got this! :)

User avatar
JDAdvisingLLC

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JDAdvisingLLC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:44 am

myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.

Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


Hello, I wanted to clarify that all of the law in our MEE One-Sheets and Seminar booklet is directly taken from prior MEEs released by the NCBE. If you can let us know which statement you believe is incorrect, we can direct you to the MEE that it was taken from. Thank you!

User avatar
JDAdvisingLLC

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JDAdvisingLLC » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:45 am

msummer wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.

Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


I agree.
I also found some incorrect statements of law in their One Sheet.
Considering the price tag, I would expect the material to be totally accurate.


Hello, I wanted to clarify that all of the law in our MEE One-Sheets and Seminar booklet is directly taken from prior MEEs released by the NCBE. If you can let us know which statement you believe is incorrect, we can direct you to the MEE that it was taken from. Thank you!

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby ubebarstudying » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:21 pm

JDAdvisingLLC wrote:
msummer wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.

Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


I agree.
I also found some incorrect statements of law in their One Sheet.
Considering the price tag, I would expect the material to be totally accurate.


Hello, I wanted to clarify that all of the law in our MEE One-Sheets and Seminar booklet is directly taken from prior MEEs released by the NCBE. If you can let us know which statement you believe is incorrect, we can direct you to the MEE that it was taken from. Thank you!


I think everyone appreciates your watchfulness and proactive nature to keep your product top of the line but I don't know that I would recommend people take breaks at this point to um inform you of said possible errors. Maybe a PM or redirecting to the bar exam discount code topic for supplements would be the best place. But hey, in my opinion you have less to worry about than lean sheets.

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby myrtlewinston » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:49 am

Well said.

JD28

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JD28 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:42 pm

thanks for replying everyone! I see some mixed reviews about the JD advising MEE seminar.. anyone have input? has anyone actually used it and passed. it is not cheap and i need to make the decision asap so any help is appreciated. good luck Feb bar takers!

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby myrtlewinston » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 pm

If you have the One Sheets and a good source for rule statements, I’d pass.

User avatar
JDAdvisingLLC

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JDAdvisingLLC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:32 pm

ubebarstudying wrote:
JDAdvisingLLC wrote:
msummer wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Re. JD Advising MEE One Sheets:
Use them only to hone in on what is important. I have found incorrect statements of law, which the seminar booklet repeats. There are numerous spelling errors, which is inexcusable given the cost of these products.

Use SmartBarPrep’s short outline for the basics and the long outline for the important rules.


I agree.
I also found some incorrect statements of law in their One Sheet.
Considering the price tag, I would expect the material to be totally accurate.


Hello, I wanted to clarify that all of the law in our MEE One-Sheets and Seminar booklet is directly taken from prior MEEs released by the NCBE. If you can let us know which statement you believe is incorrect, we can direct you to the MEE that it was taken from. Thank you!


I think everyone appreciates your watchfulness and proactive nature to keep your product top of the line but I don't know that I would recommend people take breaks at this point to um inform you of said possible errors. Maybe a PM or redirecting to the bar exam discount code topic for supplements would be the best place. But hey, in my opinion you have less to worry about than lean sheets.


Thank you for your response! As we stated in our original post, the law in our MEE One-Sheets and Seminar booklet is directly taken from prior MEEs released by the NCBE. We aren't insinuating that students point out possible errors to us at a time that they are busy. Rather, we hope to help students by directing them to the MEE in which the law has been tested in. I hope that clarifies our post!

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 pm

1. The law, as given in a MEE answer, is frequently specific to the facts of the question.
2. According to your Corporations material, notice of no more than 70 days is required for a shareholder meeting. Annual or special? Notice as determined by the bylaws or by the RMBCA?

PaddyO424

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:54 am

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby PaddyO424 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:2. According to your Corporations material, notice of no more than 70 days is required for a shareholder meeting. Annual or special? Notice as determined by the bylaws or by the RMBCA?


Hey I just happened to be looking at the OneSheets right now and I don't see that anywhere. I see something that says written notice of meetings is required 10-60 days prior to the meeting. That's the RMBCA. The bylaws are different for every corporation. I think you're conflating the notice requirement with the record date requirement. The record date must be 10-70 days before a shareholder meeting (again, unless the corporation bylaws say differently).

The OneSheets aren't clear on whether the notice requirement is for annual or special meetings, but it's both.

Hope this helps.

myrtlewinston

Bronze
Posts: 462
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby myrtlewinston » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:50 pm

PaddyO424 wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:2. According to your Corporations material, notice of no more than 70 days is required for a shareholder meeting. Annual or special? Notice as determined by the bylaws or by the RMBCA?


Hey I just happened to be looking at the OneSheets right now and I don't see that anywhere. I see something that says written notice of meetings is required 10-60 days prior to the meeting. That's the RMBCA. The bylaws are different for every corporation. I think you're conflating the notice requirement with the record date requirement. The record date must be 10-70 days before a shareholder meeting (again, unless the corporation bylaws say differently).

The OneSheets aren't clear on whether the notice requirement is for annual or special meetings, but it's both.

Hope this helps.


You are right about the record date.
The notice requirement is for special meetings, as the bylaws usually state when the annual meetings are to be held.

PaddyO424

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:54 am

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby PaddyO424 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 am

myrtlewinston wrote:
PaddyO424 wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:2. According to your Corporations material, notice of no more than 70 days is required for a shareholder meeting. Annual or special? Notice as determined by the bylaws or by the RMBCA?


Hey I just happened to be looking at the OneSheets right now and I don't see that anywhere. I see something that says written notice of meetings is required 10-60 days prior to the meeting. That's the RMBCA. The bylaws are different for every corporation. I think you're conflating the notice requirement with the record date requirement. The record date must be 10-70 days before a shareholder meeting (again, unless the corporation bylaws say differently).

The OneSheets aren't clear on whether the notice requirement is for annual or special meetings, but it's both.

Hope this helps.


You are right about the record date.
The notice requirement is for special meetings, as the bylaws usually state when the annual meetings are to be held.


It's true that the bylaws may state when annual meetings are taking place, but the notice requirement applies to both types of meetings:

3. Notice of Meeting

Shareholders must be given notice of either type of meeting. To properly call a meeting, the corporation must notify all shareholders entitled to a vote at the special meeting in a timely manner. A shareholder may waive notice either in writing or by attending the meeting. Usually, notice must be given no less than 10 days and no more than 60 days before the meeting date. The notice must include the time, date, and place of the meeting. RMBCA §§ 7.05, 7.06.

User avatar
JDAdvisingLLC

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:26 am

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JDAdvisingLLC » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:46 am

Good question! As was mentioned by others, under the RMBCA (which the National Conference of Bar Examiners' MEE answers frequently reference in Corporations answers) "(a) A corporation shall notify shareholders of the date, time, and place of each annual and special shareholders' meeting no fewer than 10 nor more than 60 days before the meeting date. Unless this Act or the articles of incorporation require otherwise, the corporation is required to give notice only to shareholders entitled to vote at the meeting."

Please let me know if that helps. Thank you!

JD28

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Re: JD Advising MEE one-sheets

Postby JD28 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Hey- I passed the UBE with a 287... highly recommend Studicata... here is a link to check it out ! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions https://studicata.samcart.com/referral/ ... AiZnb6rIEr



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], jrc223 and 22 guests