Themis Essay Grading Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
MRSP

New

Themis Essay Grading

Post by MRSP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 am

Has anyone used Themis and could provide a review of their essay grading? Do you prefer this program as a whole over others? Is the essay grading service they provide worth it? Thanks!

kc128

Bronze

Re: Themis Essay Grading

Post by kc128 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:25 am

MRSP wrote:Has anyone used Themis and could provide a review of their essay grading? Do you prefer this program as a whole over others? Is the essay grading service they provide worth it? Thanks!
Used Themis for July 2017. Pro: you have the same essay grader for all essays submitted. Con: you have the same essay grader for all essays submitted.

Mine was very thorough, but definitely low balled. His comments were sometimes substantive, other times, more style- based (i.e. use IRAC v. CRAC, etc). At times, this was helpful, other times less so. Themis is known for getting the essays back to you very quickly which is a plus. I had a private tutor as well so I tried to bounce the comments I was receiving from Themis off my tutor to see whether the grades were accurate (they were lower than what I received on exam day)

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”