Themis Essay Grading

MRSP

Themis Essay Grading

Postby MRSP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 am

Has anyone used Themis and could provide a review of their essay grading? Do you prefer this program as a whole over others? Is the essay grading service they provide worth it? Thanks!

kc128

Re: Themis Essay Grading

Postby kc128 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:25 am

MRSP wrote:Has anyone used Themis and could provide a review of their essay grading? Do you prefer this program as a whole over others? Is the essay grading service they provide worth it? Thanks!

Used Themis for July 2017. Pro: you have the same essay grader for all essays submitted. Con: you have the same essay grader for all essays submitted.

Mine was very thorough, but definitely low balled. His comments were sometimes substantive, other times, more style- based (i.e. use IRAC v. CRAC, etc). At times, this was helpful, other times less so. Themis is known for getting the essays back to you very quickly which is a plus. I had a private tutor as well so I tried to bounce the comments I was receiving from Themis off my tutor to see whether the grades were accurate (they were lower than what I received on exam day)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”