Bar Admissions ever contacted the author of two affidavits of good Moral Character?

drive

Bar Admissions ever contacted the author of two affidavits of good Moral Character?

Postby drive » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:26 am

Does Bar Admissions contact the author of two affidavits of good Moral Character regarding the information written on my application or anything like that? For instance, does Bar Admissions call the authors and asked if they knew about, say, my juvenile crime (I don't have any. Just to illustrate)

Has anyone heard of anything like that?

NoDayButToday

Re: Bar Admissions ever contacted the author of two affidavits of good Moral Character?

Postby NoDayButToday » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 am

New York or another state?

In South Carolina, I wasn't aware of bar admissions contacting anyone, but they did reach out to me to resolve what they perceived as a discrepancy in disclosures. (They asked why my law school didn't know about the civil action I disclosed on my bar app--simple answer, the law school didn't ask lol) It was kind of a scary letter for nothing serious. But it sounds like potentially an analogous situation to yours. Do your authors not know about something that you think the bar admissions office would expect them to know? I think an easy way to resolve that is just to say it never came up in the course of your relationship with that person....

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”