Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

pausetildone
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby pausetildone » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi,

Anyone can give any advice on getting higher than (or almost) 175 in the scaled score of MEE and MPT parts?

What do I need to have in MEEs and MPTs in order to achieve 175?

Should I get the average of 5.5?

Any of your advice will be highly appreciated.


Thank you.

MrT
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 am

Re: Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby MrT » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:54 pm

I did this. It's unnecessary. You're way better off trying to focus your efforts on the MBE where the correct answer is already in front of you.

To directly answer your question, I did everything Barbri told me to do. I finished 100% of the course and did extra essays when I had time. I took advantage of the graded essays. I did outline the essays that Barbri told me to outline, but I wrote out full, closed book, timed answers the rest of the time.

About 2 weeks from the exam, I started drilling the essays in sets in test like conditions. I started with 2 at a time then 4, then the full 6. I did the same for the MPTs. For me, the MPTs were a time crunch and I struggled to finish. Knowing this, I did several and in sets of 2 to get the timing right.

That being said, I still think you'd be bettered served spending your time on the MBE.

pausetildone
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby pausetildone » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Thank you. Great job! Did you get more than 175 on essay? Do you think you get 5 on every question? ( I am using the scale of UBE exam) You knew all the answer on MEE and get confident? I think 175 is very high that examiner needs to get more than 5 in each essay.

I am working on my MBE too. Planning to do more than 3000 questions before the exam. I am just horrible on mutiple choice and want to maximize the points in essay part. I will keep working on both. :D Thank you!!!

User avatar
Toubro
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby Toubro » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:17 am

pausetildone wrote:Thank you. Great job! Did you get more than 175 on essay? Do you think you get 5 on every question? ( I am using the scale of UBE exam) You knew all the answer on MEE and get confident? I think 175 is very high that examiner needs to get more than 5 in each essay.

I am working on my MBE too. Planning to do more than 3000 questions before the exam. I am just horrible on mutiple choice and want to maximize the points in essay part. I will keep working on both. :D Thank you!!!


Every state grades in a different way, so it's not useful to think about getting a 5.5 or whatever arbitrary number you choose. You basically have to do the best you can and then cross your fingers . . .

TEIAM
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:41 am

Re: Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby TEIAM » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 am

Toubro wrote:
pausetildone wrote:Thank you. Great job! Did you get more than 175 on essay? Do you think you get 5 on every question? ( I am using the scale of UBE exam) You knew all the answer on MEE and get confident? I think 175 is very high that examiner needs to get more than 5 in each essay.

I am working on my MBE too. Planning to do more than 3000 questions before the exam. I am just horrible on mutiple choice and want to maximize the points in essay part. I will keep working on both. :D Thank you!!!


Every state grades in a different way, so it's not useful to think about getting a 5.5 or whatever arbitrary number you choose. You basically have to do the best you can and then cross your fingers . . .

NY doesn't share the score breakdown so I have no idea how I did on each essay/PT. I scored exactly 175. I did score a 5 on every graded essay by Barbri, though.

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 30041
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby Nebby » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:26 am

If you do this, will you put it on your resume and linkedin?

jacketyellow
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby jacketyellow » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:52 am

pausetildone wrote:Hi,

Anyone can give any advice on getting higher than (or almost) 175 in the scaled score of MEE and MPT parts?

What do I need to have in MEEs and MPTs in order to achieve 175?

Should I get the average of 5.5?

Any of your advice will be highly appreciated.


Thank you.


Focus on all of them, especially the MPT. Many people lose precious points because they fail to take timed MPTs. Since the MBE is 50% of your score, make sure you're practicing (in the last month before the exam) 50-100 questions a day. Don't neglect the MEE or MPT though. During bar prep, I did at most 2 MEE questions and 1 MPT question a day.

I know multiple choice may not be your strong suit (and it wasn't for me either), but you've just got to do it. You'll start to notice a strategic, formulaic way to answer those questions.

pausetildone
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Getting higher than 175 in the scaled score of MEE/MPT part

Postby pausetildone » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Oh. Thank you for all the comments. I will study both parts and get myself ready on next exam. :D All your advices are helpful.

I wanted to know more specifically on the score in MEE/MPT part. I think passers are not able to know how they did on each essay (because the bar admin do not provide), but failers also are not able to know if they receive the right scaled score for MEE/MPT part. There is no reliable information out there.

I see people here do the MBE comparison on the practice point and actual point to see what to expect. Nothing has done in MEE/MPT part while these points are still good amount in total score. While the highest point in MBE is 188 according to the NCBE MBE statistics, people never know what to get on MEE/MPT as highest.

I kind of draft with my information from everywhere and get to see if this meets test takers' score with their practice test. It is just my prediction on UBE basis.

% Scaled score
55% 133
60% 140
65% 148
70% 155
75% 162
80% 170
85% 177
90% 184
100% 192

I am not sure they give 200 if taker got 6 on all essay. If they do, the set will be adjusted.

For example, if I have avg. of 4 on MEE (30%) and 3 on MPT (20%), it will be 58% and the scaled score of essay be between 133 and 140.

Someone on this posting said got 5 on every practice essay, then it will be 83% and the scaled score should be under the range of 170 and 177.

Just little weirdo wasting time.


I better to go doing more MBE questions. Again thank you for your advice. Hope I pass next time around!.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lawstudent9, SFassociate, shinjini5 and 34 guests