Barmax UBE Course

pvnyc

Barmax UBE Course

Postby pvnyc » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:54 am

Hi, does anyone have any experience with Barmax's UBE Course? (I will be re-taking the UBE in Feb. Failed July with Themis).
If anyone can share their experience with barmax, it would be great. (I am getting it for $500 with public interest discount) OR should I buy someone's Barbri textbooks?
Thanks

ajmb241

Re: Barmax UBE Course

Postby ajmb241 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 am

If you took Themis last time, why wouldn't you just repeat their course?

pvnyc

Postby pvnyc » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:32 pm

ajmb241 wrote:If you took Themis last time, why wouldn't you just repeat their course?

Hi, because some people have said that I should change my approach

toast and bananas

Postby toast and bananas » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:50 pm

pvnyc wrote:
ajmb241 wrote:If you took Themis last time, why wouldn't you just repeat their course?

Please don't take offense to this, but I'm not sure that taking a different prep course is "changing" your approach. Themis is a fine prep course, and what you should consider changing is your study methods so that they better address your weak areas.

ajmb241

Postby ajmb241 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm

toast and bananas wrote:
pvnyc wrote:

Please don't take offense to this, but I'm not sure that taking a different prep course is "changing" your approach. Themis is a fine prep course, and what you should consider changing is your study methods so that they better address your weak areas.

I'm here to second this. All prep courses present you with the same information in a different format. It's all about you choose to use the course. You can purchase all the extra materials you want but that won't make you pass. It's focusing on what you struggled with and improving on those areas. If your MBE score wasn't high enough, you need to do extra MBE practice questions and review the answers. If your essays weren't high enough, you need to do more practice essays, get them graded, etc. Using a different bar course alone probably won't change much. Barbri books definitely won't help - you already have your Themis books.

Granted, this is just my opinion but it's worth taking a hard look at where you struggled and go from there. Blindly buying a bunch of supplements isn't the way to go. Best of luck to you.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”