Virginia February 2018

ScooterGa

Virginia February 2018

Postby ScooterGa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Didn't see one so I thought I would start one for everybody taking it the first time or again. It's a little early, but better sooner rather than later!

anandamide

Re: Virginia February 2018

Postby anandamide » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:15 pm

ScooterGa wrote:Didn't see one so I thought I would start one for everybody taking it the first time or again. It's a little early, but better sooner rather than later!

thanks for starting one. i dont know if i should re-take virginia or try for DC. IMHO VA has gotten unpredictable.

barkschool

Postby barkschool » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am

I’d be willing to sell some critical pass cards with VA notes written on them

Pm me

sarebot

Postby sarebot » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Re-takers: anyone have ideas on what they're doing differently? Taking up your bar course's offer of a free retake?

hanner22

Postby hanner22 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:23 am

anandamide wrote:
ScooterGa wrote:Didn't see one so I thought I would start one for everybody taking it the first time or again. It's a little early, but better sooner rather than later!

thanks for starting one. i dont know if i should re-take virginia or try for DC. IMHO VA has gotten unpredictable.

Same boat as you. My MBE is high enough to waive into DC so I would only have to take the essay portion so it seems like the best option for me. And I honestly do not think I can go through 20+ VA specific subjects again.

ScooterGa

Postby ScooterGa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 am

sarebot wrote:Re-takers: anyone have ideas on what they're doing differently? Taking up your bar course's offer of a free retake?

I intend to use Barbri again since I get it for free this time. But I think I might try doing my "own thing" and what I mean by that is: if Barbri suggest a topic for the day I will study that topic, but not watch their videos, or use their questions. In place of MBE practice I will use Adaptibar solely this time, and I already started going over MBE and using Adaptibar.

I will start doing practice essays after I have gone through all of the MBE subjects one time completely. Once that is done I will probably do about 50 mixed questions a day on Adapitbar and 2 essays, actually writing them out, not outlining.

So for example if Barbri suggest Family law as a topic for the day I will review Family law, do two practice essays for Family law, and 50 mixed MBE questions from Adaptibar. At least that is what I have planned for now anyway, it may change as time goes on though in an attempt to refine what I'm studying to what I feel I need to be doing instead of what is suggested.

I feel that will take less time per day and I'll get a much better use out of the program instead of sitting there reviewing the subject, then watching a 3.5 hour video, then reviewing again, with a follow up for 25 MBEs and 1-2 essays. The first time I used Barbri I did EVERYTHING every day until about mid July where they started throwing all kind of things at you and I felt so drained and bored after the videos...to be followed by another couple hours of questions and essays. Even if it takes the same amount of time this time around, I will be doing something all the time instead of passively sitting sometimes and not doing actual practice, which I think it the biggest thing that killed me my first time, since I missed by less than 10 points.

shaq23

Postby shaq23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:53 am

sarebot wrote:Re-takers: anyone have ideas on what they're doing differently? Taking up your bar course's offer of a free retake?

I had come across this site and it has some good tips and strategies for the Virginia bar exam. Take a look. In case you need, they also offer a good review of Adaptibar.

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/virgini ... resources/

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/review- ... its-worth/

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”