MPRE November 2017

Toubro

Re: MPRE November 2017

Postby Toubro » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:34 pm

unlvcrjchick wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I don’t see how some test sheets would have this and some wouldn’t; it’s a standardized exam.

I recall the statement was us certifying that we are the person we say we are whose name appears on the answer sheet. It was a small statement in the middle of the answer sheet on the first page: it did not contain the provision that I’ve been discussing.

For example. This is taken from LSAT’s site:

“Certifying Statement: You will be required to write and sign a certifying statement on your answer sheet attesting that the person taking the test is the person whose name appears on the answer sheet and that you are taking the test for the sole purpose of admission to law school. Failure to sign your answer sheet or to complete the certifying statement, or modifying the certifying statement in any way, will result in a hold on your file and possibly a delay in reporting your score”

I just checked my admission ticket. It has the following:

"You will be required to write and sign the certifying statements on your answer sheet and MPRE Admission Ticket at the test center. On your MPRE Admission Ticket, you will attest that you are the person whose name appears on the MPRE Admission Ticket, that you have read the MPRE Test Day Policies and agree to comply with and be bound by the policies and procedures set forth . . . ."

The "MPRE Test Day policies" then in turn have that language you found with all your clicking.

Also, not all the rules are animated by IP considerations. This particular prohibition on speaking about it casually from memory is likely driven by test security considerations.
Last edited by Toubro on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:36 pm

It’s also on the policies website which tells you what you can/can’t bring to the exam.

(Scooped.)

unlvcrjchick

Postby unlvcrjchick » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Toubro wrote:
unlvcrjchick wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I don’t see how some test sheets would have this and some wouldn’t; it’s a standardized exam.

I recall the statement was us certifying that we are the person we say we are whose name appears on the answer sheet. It was a small statement in the middle of the answer sheet on the first page: it did not contain the provision that I’ve been discussing.

For example. This is taken from LSAT’s site:

“Certifying Statement: You will be required to write and sign a certifying statement on your answer sheet attesting that the person taking the test is the person whose name appears on the answer sheet and that you are taking the test for the sole purpose of admission to law school. Failure to sign your answer sheet or to complete the certifying statement, or modifying the certifying statement in any way, will result in a hold on your file and possibly a delay in reporting your score”

I just checked my admission ticket. It has the following:

"You will be required to write and sign the certifying statements on your answer sheet and MPRE Admission Ticket at the test center. On your MPRE Admission Ticket, you will attest that you are the person whose name appears on the MPRE Admission Ticket, that you have read the MPRE Test Day Policies and agree to comply with and be bound by the policies and procedures set forth . . . ."

The "MPRE Test Day policies" then in turn have that language you found with all your clicking.

Also, not all the rules are animated by IP considerations. This particular prohibition on speaking about it casually from memory is likely driven by test security considerations.

I was frantically searching for my admission ticket until you beat me to it because it wasn’t on the answer sheet or discussed by the proctor at my location. Thanks for clarifying.

Tony48

Postby Tony48 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Toubro wrote:If your proctors didn't read all the instructions out, that's on them. But when I took the test they made it pretty clear that you weren't allowed to casually discuss the questions.

Yeah, I don't remember exactly what was in the certifying statement that we had to sign (mostly about his attesting that we are who we say we are), but I vividly remember the proctor saying that we aren't allowed to discuss the questions.

sgd19

Postby sgd19 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 am

can we discuss the questions after the results are announced? if someone didn't pass, then they need to review what they did wrong and understand why they got something wrong, so next time they can study the areas they are weak in. the ncbe doesn't even give you an option to purchase your own exam to review what was wrong. how is someone expected to review? because this exam was way harder than i expected, even after having done nonstop problems on themis. seems like there's a big luck factor involved in passing these exams, meaning you're playing more of the stay ahead of the curve game.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 am

sgd19 wrote:can we discuss the questions after the results are announced? if someone didn't pass, then they need to review what they did wrong and understand why they got something wrong, so next time they can study the areas they are weak in. the ncbe doesn't even give you an option to purchase your own exam to review what was wrong. how is someone expected to review? because this exam was way harder than i expected, even after having done nonstop problems on themis. seems like there's a big luck factor involved in passing these exams, meaning you're playing more of the stay ahead of the curve game.

Not here, you can’t.

Honestly, it’s a pretty limited amount of material, and it’s not really like the LSAT or the bar where knowing which areas you did poorly in will help you. If you learn the professional rules instead of doing practice questions you should do fine.

breadgiver

Postby breadgiver » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:54 am

Thank you Unlvcrjchick and Toubro for answering my questions!

Anyone have an idea or guess as to when grades will be posted?

breadgiver

Postby breadgiver » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:58 am

unlvcrjchick

Postby unlvcrjchick » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:34 am

breadgiver wrote:Answered my own question :o :

http://www.ncbex.org/home/SearchForm?Se ... 0&start=30

Thanks for the info. I will be in the middle of the ocean on a liveaboard Bahamas trip so I won’t know my results until the 8th: truly a first world problem.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”