C&F Differences between law school app and NY Bar Form Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

C&F Differences between law school app and NY Bar Form

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Last edited by SopranoSaxophone on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Re: C&F Differences between law school app and NY Bar Form

Post by ndbigdave » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:00 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:Hi all,

I'm a 0L with very little knowledge of how hair-splitting bar C&F issues can be, and I'd appreciate some advice. I have a speeding ticket from a few years back. When applying to law school, several of the law school applications asked to disclose any charges "Excluding minor traffic violations." I assumed my speeding ticket was a minor traffic violation and did not disclose it when that language was a part of the law school application.

I understand that the NY bar will ask me to disclose this speeding ticket. I have no issue with that. However, when they review my disclosures vs. my law school application disclosures and do not see that ticket disclosed, will this be an issue? I've gotten some conflicting advice recently that has stated that NY Bar C&F investigators will not care that your law school app said to "exclude minor traffic violations" and will have expected you to disclose it anyway.

Can this possibly be true? Wouldn't they look at the language of the law school applications C&F questions and see the rationale for the ticket nondisclosure was because the app said to not disclose it? Thanks for any and all insight, and please feel free to direct me to threads where this specific issue has been discussed.
I suppose I can guarantee that you wont have to explain yourself via a supplement, but the odds that this will ba a major issue is non-existant.

I know it is easy to over analyze, over think and and generally be negative, but the best thing you can do is disclose to the bar and supplement with an explanation as to why the ticket was not disclosed on your application.

You will be fine. Just breathe.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”