First Department

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 5387
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: First Department

Postby Slytherpuff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Have any of the January 22nd people heard about ceremony times yet?

polkadot12
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: First Department

Postby polkadot12 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:27 am

nope.

im thinking maybe after our interview?

User avatar
Toubro
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: First Department

Postby Toubro » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Slytherpuff wrote:Have any of the January 22nd people heard about ceremony times yet?


Yep, assuming you have yours too by now

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 5387
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: First Department

Postby Slytherpuff » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Toubro wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:Have any of the January 22nd people heard about ceremony times yet?


Yep, assuming you have yours too by now

Yes, finally heard today!

Connoisseur
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 am

Re: First Department

Postby Connoisseur » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 am

Can anyone confirm how many separate in-person appearances are required? My letter confirming receipt of my application lists tentative dates for the Personal Interview and for the Admission Ceremony. But it also says "You will also receive a Notice indicating the Date, Place and Time for your Oath Ceremony." Is that different from the Admission Ceremony? Also, the website (but not my letter) refers to a "mandatory orientation program." I was under the impression that only two in-person appearances (interview; ceremony) were required, but now I'm doubting that.

For those following the thread for dates, I submitted at end of December and am tentatively scheduled for May 10 interview and May 14 ceremony.

Carly
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 am

Re: First Department

Postby Carly » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:46 am

Question:

I got my tentative dates about a month ago- still haven't gotten finalized date (tentative dates in March) which is making me a little nervous. What was the turn around time from tentative letter dates to finalized email dates for those that have finalized dates?

User avatar
Toubro
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: First Department

Postby Toubro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Connoisseur wrote:Can anyone confirm how many separate in-person appearances are required? My letter confirming receipt of my application lists tentative dates for the Personal Interview and for the Admission Ceremony. But it also says "You will also receive a Notice indicating the Date, Place and Time for your Oath Ceremony." Is that different from the Admission Ceremony? Also, the website (but not my letter) refers to a "mandatory orientation program." I was under the impression that only two in-person appearances (interview; ceremony) were required, but now I'm doubting that.

For those following the thread for dates, I submitted at end of December and am tentatively scheduled for May 10 interview and May 14 ceremony.


There used to be three, but now the orientation program is online so there are just two: interview and admission/oath ceremony.

User avatar
Toubro
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: First Department

Postby Toubro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 pm

Question, do we get the certificates of good standing at the oath ceremony? I need to submit that so that I can finally stop being a "law clerk"

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1945
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: First Department

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Toubro wrote:Question, do we get the certificates of good standing at the oath ceremony? I need to submit that so that I can finally stop being a "law clerk"


I don't know how 1st Dept. works but in 2nd, you could pay $5 on day of swearing-in (or any day thereafter) for a certificate of good standing (which was valid for 30 days).




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brazilian1985, Marjorie Morningstar, nubcs, Respondeat_Inferior, SimbaJayward, XWing aliciousness and 14 guests