2018 February DC Bar

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
MCJaruzelski

New

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Postby MCJaruzelski » Fri May 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Do they seriously think that not giving us any information at all is going to dissuade people from calling in and bothering them?

Anonomous_Source

New

Postby Anonomous_Source » Fri May 11, 2018 12:08 pm

AmyW wrote:I called about 30 minutes ago and the woman who answered said they're not coming out today. She didn't say when they would however.

Again calling the DC number really doesn't accomplish anything. They don't ever ask for the applicants name, even if you have a legitimate question regarding your application. Their responses are always focused on one thing, getting the person calling to hang up. It is unfortunate that applicants are required to maintain such a high standard while the organization runs like a broken clock. (ie it is right maybe twice a day by default). That being said, this is nothing new. DC Bar association runs "a day late and a dollar short" on the regular. My advice is to leave it alone until results are posted. There is absolutely nothing we can do until then. For anyone reading this in the future, do not expect DC to communicate at all, and do not expect to get results back before the next bar exam deadline.

The best advice is usually not the type of stuff we want to hear. Sorry for the reality check on this stuff. I too wish santa clause was real, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy.

DGPHMP

New

Postby DGPHMP » Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 pm

AmyW wrote:I called about 30 minutes ago and the woman who answered said they're not coming out today. She didn't say when they would however.

My heart is broken.

timesnewboston

New

Postby timesnewboston » Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 pm

The more I learn about this awful and abusive bureaucracy the more I start to consider that we don’t need a bar association and we should just let the free market decide who practices law. But I’m just venting lol

anandamide

New

Postby anandamide » Fri May 11, 2018 12:41 pm

timesnewboston wrote:The more I learn about this awful and abusive bureaucracy the more I start to consider that we don’t need a bar association and we should just let the free market decide who practices law. But I’m just venting lol

This is DC. Other jurisdictions aren’t this ridik!

Jaded2018

New

Postby Jaded2018 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Yep, when I called yesterday I was also told (twice, by two different people) that results were not coming out today (Friday) and that they will come out mid- May. The first reply was nice and the second was not so nice.

So I'm hoping for next Wednesday. What is, is.

ASMLAW

New

Postby ASMLAW » Fri May 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Jaded2018 wrote:Yep, when I called yesterday I was also told (twice, by two different people) that results were not coming out today (Friday) and that they will come out mid- May. The first reply was nice and the second was not so nice.

So I'm hoping for next Wednesday. What is, is.

Think they are vying to beat CA which comes out May 18.

PoliLaw

New

Postby PoliLaw » Fri May 11, 2018 1:56 pm

Why dont we schedule calls every 10 mins until they close to really pester them!? We are being tortured so lets torture them!

DanFielding

New

Postby DanFielding » Fri May 11, 2018 2:32 pm

I sort of love the coordinated drive them insane route

warplan

New

Postby warplan » Fri May 11, 2018 2:38 pm

I guess that the result will not be released today...
I think that yesterday's notice about the fee waiver is a sort of sign of further delaying of the result release...

To me, the yesterday's notice sounds like that "we will release the result of Feb bar exam later than the Regular deadline for July exam. However, do not worry. We will waiver your late filing fee."

It's...really sucks. Our damage is not just the late filing fee!! I am being off from everything because of this uncertainty! Cannot decide anything on May, June and July, since everything will be totally different depending on pass/fail.

So bad.

anandamide

New

Postby anandamide » Fri May 11, 2018 3:02 pm

warplan wrote:I guess that the result will not be released today...
I think that yesterday's notice about the fee waiver is a sort of sign of further delaying of the result release...

To me, the yesterday's notice sounds like that "we will release the result of Feb bar exam later than the Regular deadline for July exam. However, do not worry. We will waiver your late filing fee."

It's...really sucks. Our damage is not just the late filing fee!! I am being off from everything because of this uncertainty! Cannot decide anything on May, June and July, since everything will be totally different depending on pass/fail.

So bad.

I am 7.5 months pregnant. All this up and down is bad for my child. I’m at the point where I need to know because my baby is due in early July. They’re messing with our lives. I could care less about a late fee. Just tell me yes or no already!

perplixityparanoia

New

Postby perplixityparanoia » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

This is for all the future takers. Since DC is UBE, if anyone sitting for UBE should strongly consider sitting in another UBE state NOT DC.

timesnewboston

New

Postby timesnewboston » Fri May 11, 2018 3:24 pm

anandamide wrote:

So bad.

I am 7.5 months pregnant. All this up and down is bad for my child. I’m at the point where I need to know because my baby is due in early July. They’re messing with our lives. I could care less about a late fee. Just tell me yes or no already!

Sounds like NIED or someThing... please threaten a law suit!

ASMLAW

New

Postby ASMLAW » Fri May 11, 2018 3:37 pm

timesnewboston wrote:
anandamide wrote:

So bad.

Sounds like NIED or someThing... please threaten a law suit!

Minys the pass rate issue, lawsuits have worked in CA. It made it so issues like we are currently dealing with, do not happen.

Krissynateylee

New

Postby Krissynateylee » Fri May 11, 2018 3:54 pm

anandamide wrote:

So bad.

I'm so sorry to hear this, i was pregnant through my last year and the stress is nothing compared to what you must be going through right now...i just feel stuck, I'm an LL.M. and finding a job here solely depends on whether i pass/fail this exam..the bills are piling up and I just feel stuck... they're not being fair

ASMLAW

New

Postby ASMLAW » Fri May 11, 2018 4:18 pm

anandamide wrote:

So bad.

WEBSITE IS DOWN THIS COULD BE GOOD NEWS BUT I DO NOT HAVE HIGH HOPES!!

warplan

New

Postby warplan » Fri May 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Clock is going close to 5P.M. Bad news is becoming true...

sprintin23

New

Postby sprintin23 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:44 pm

Man, DC is going totally 50 Shades on you guys. I am sorry you all have to go through this. Hang in there and keep the faith.

warplan

New

Postby warplan » Fri May 11, 2018 4:57 pm

ASMLAW wrote:
anandamide wrote:

So bad.

WEBSITE IS DOWN THIS COULD BE GOOD NEWS BUT I DO NOT HAVE HIGH HOPES!!

It's is because every FEB 2018 DC bar exam takers are going to mad and clicking refresh buttons.

warplan

New

Postby warplan » Fri May 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Congrats!!

DC Bar Committee on Admission breaks their own record of delaying in release of their bar exam result!!

sdbird101

New

Postby sdbird101 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:08 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if when our anonymous source posted there would be an email sent Friday advising to a Monday release, if they didn't mean this Friday, but next Friday. Putting the official release on Monday the 21st.

DGPHMP

New

Postby DGPHMP » Fri May 11, 2018 5:09 pm

What’s all this mental health stuff they posted about the other day? How about considering our mental health! A simple email letting us know the status of the results would put us at ease. How hard is it to just let us know when the results will be posted? When the fuck is mid-May? Is it May 15? Is it May 16? Then after the results are posted we have to sit and wait to hear on when we can swear in! It’s never ending mental stress!

Krissynateylee

New

Postby Krissynateylee » Mon May 14, 2018 8:23 am

Who else is hoping this is it :| today is the day :cry:

JDtoEsq

New

Postby JDtoEsq » Mon May 14, 2018 8:45 am

Krissynateylee wrote:Who else is hoping this is it :| today is the day :cry:

Me, the longer they wait the less time to study for those who fail.

I don't plan to retake immediately if unsuccessful, but the general conscious at this point is that we all just want to KNOW, and that the Committee on Admissions NEEDS to implement a better grading/report policy! This is ridiculous when less than 1000 people sat for the exam.

Krissynateylee

New

Postby Krissynateylee » Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am

JDtoEsq wrote:
Krissynateylee wrote:Who else is hoping this is it :| today is the day :cry:

Me, the longer they wait the less time to study for those who fail.

I don't plan to retake immediately if unsuccessful, but the general conscious at this point is that we all just want to KNOW, and that the Committee on Admissions NEEDS to implement a better grading/report policy! This is ridiculous when less than 1000 people sat for the exam.

Yeah I'm mentally exhausted ...the wait has really taken a toll on me

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?