2018 February DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Mjevans610

New

Re: 2018 February DC Bar

Post by Mjevans610 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Has anyone whose sent their RSVP for the swearing in ceremony received a response? I got an email last Wednesday that I passed my C&F and respond via email if I want to attend swearing in ceremony. They said I would have a confirmation within 48 hours.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm

I think they forgot about me.

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:14 pm

bruinwang wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:HELP PLEASE!

Can you guys please explain to me the process for emailing in ones oath? (And I'm sorry for those who are still waiting on the Committee to finalize your C&Fs). I received an e-mail last week just saying my certification was finalized, the e-mail had no content so I went to their page for instructions/download the oath & supplemental questions. I scanned & e-mailed it the documents to the Committee.

I received this e-mail: "Pursuant to Rule 46(k), all applicants for admission to the practice of law and D.C. Bar must be approved by the Court. The ten day waiting period referenced in your certification email is necessary to allow for the Court to grant approval for your admission. Unfortunately by completing the oath before the end of the ten days, your oath is not valid. Please refer to your certification email and complete the oath and have your supplemental questionnaire notarized at the completion of the 10 day waiting period"

What 10 day waiting period? Obviously they failed to provide me information in the certification e-mail, and even after reading rule 46(k), I still don't know what the hell they are talking about...

Also, this is utter insanity. The entire reason I (and I'm sure many others) took the February bar was so we could actually apply/have a job shortly after graduation (I acquired an LL.M.) So much for that plan....
I would reply to the original certification email the one that was blank and ask. Since the email was blank it may have just been an automated system generated email when they went into your account. Someone else on here got their certification email and he said it was very detailed with complete instructions. It’s odd that yours was blank.
That's correct, the body of the certification email specifically notes that scanning and emailing the oath and supplemental questions is an "alternative method" that can only be completed "as of ten days from your certification," which is marked as 6/20/18, the day I got the email.

Okay, so as long as I get my stuff signed off after 10am on 6/30, I will have waited the required 10 day window... this entire process....

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:20 pm

BellaSera1014 wrote:
bruinwang wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:

Can you guys please explain to me the process for emailing in ones oath? (And I'm sorry for those who are still waiting on the Committee to finalize your C&Fs). I received an e-mail last week just saying my certification was finalized, the e-mail had no content so I went to their page for instructions/download the oath & supplemental questions. I scanned & e-mailed it the documents to the Committee.

I received this e-mail: "Pursuant to Rule 46(k), all applicants for admission to the practice of law and D.C. Bar must be approved by the Court. The ten day waiting period referenced in your certification email is necessary to allow for the Court to grant approval for your admission. Unfortunately by completing the oath before the end of the ten days, your oath is not valid. Please refer to your certification email and complete the oath and have your supplemental questionnaire notarized at the completion of the 10 day waiting period"

What 10 day waiting period? Obviously they failed to provide me information in the certification e-mail, and even after reading rule 46(k), I still don't know what the hell they are talking about...

Also, this is utter insanity. The entire reason I (and I'm sure many others) took the February bar was so we could actually apply/have a job shortly after graduation (I acquired an LL.M.) So much for that plan....
I would reply to the original certification email the one that was blank and ask. Since the email was blank it may have just been an automated system generated email when they went into your account. Someone else on here got their certification email and he said it was very detailed with complete instructions. It’s odd that yours was blank.
That's correct, the body of the certification email specifically notes that scanning and emailing the oath and supplemental questions is an "alternative method" that can only be completed "as of ten days from your certification," which is marked as 6/20/18, the day I got the email.

Okay, so as long as I get my stuff signed off after 10am on 6/30, I will have waited the required 10 day window... this entire process....
At least you know when you’ll be sworn in some of us haven’t heard anything from them. How unfair is that?

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:34 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
bruinwang wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:

At least you know when you’ll be sworn in some of us haven’t heard anything from them. How unfair is that?
Oh, I would absolutely be livid if I was you. It's pointless to even apply for jobs right now because every position in this area requires you to be admitted...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:43 pm

BellaSera1014 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
bruinwang wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:

Oh, I would absolutely be livid if I was you. It's pointless to even apply for jobs right now because every position in this area requires you to be admitted...
I have a job pending but I can’t start until I am admitted. If you see a news headline that reads: “Feb 2018 DC Bar Examinee passes the bar exam but he dies of starvation while waiting to be admitted” you’ll know it’s me.

BellaSera1014

New

Post by BellaSera1014 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:51 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
BellaSera1014 wrote:
bruinwang wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:

I have a job pending but I can’t start until I am admitted. If you see a news headline that reads: “Feb 2018 DC Bar Examinee passes the bar exam but he dies of starvation while waiting to be admitted” you’ll know it’s me.
I'm laughing & crying for you all at the same time...for myself as well...

Congrats on the job though. Navigating this crap shoot is daunting.

PoliLaw

New

Post by PoliLaw » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:57 pm

I am looking forward to the email, I find it best to not stress over it any longer. Congrats to those who have gotten it and are finalizing their journey of becoming licensed.

thenatikid

New

Post by thenatikid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:24 pm

PoliLaw wrote:I am looking forward to the email, I find it best to not stress over it any longer. Congrats to those who have gotten it and are finalizing their journey of becoming licensed.

I agree. We have no control over this process. So go out and do something fun! :) It will happen eventually.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:17 pm

PoliLaw wrote:I am looking forward to the email, I find it best to not stress over it any longer. Congrats to those who have gotten it and are finalizing their journey of becoming licensed.

Yup! It helps knowing I'm not the only waiting as well.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:55 pm

hanner22 wrote:

Yup! It helps knowing I'm not the only waiting as well.
I know that’s how I feel. As soon as I get my email I will post on here to let you all know, and I hope everyone that’s waiting will do the same.

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Mjevans610 wrote:Has anyone whose sent their RSVP for the swearing in ceremony received a response? I got an email last Wednesday that I passed my C&F and respond via email if I want to attend swearing in ceremony. They said I would have a confirmation within 48 hours.
I RSVPed a few hours after I got the email on 6/20 and received a confirmation on 6/22 around COB, so they were cutting close to their 48-hour deadline with mine. It wouldn't surprise me if they missed the mark on other RSVPs.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Did anyone hear from them today?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DanFielding

New

Post by DanFielding » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 am

Still waiting.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Waiting

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Same. Has anyone tried calling?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:05 pm

DGPHMP wrote:Same. Has anyone tried calling?
I’m gonna give them until tomorrow then call.

I was wondering if anyone received an email after the first batch they sent on the 20th?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Anyone hear anything from the Committee today?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Anyone get the email?

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:00 pm

hanner22 wrote:Anyone get the email?
Nope. Did you?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:39 am

DGPHMP wrote:
Nope. Did you?

No and I kept trying to call yesterday and no one would pick up. They suck.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:29 am

hanner22 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
Nope. Did you?

I spoke to someone there yesterday she was very nice told me that they were trying to certify as many people as possible for the July 13 ceremony she said there are over 300 of us that they are trying to certify which also includes people that are waiving in. The lastest we should receive notification to be sworn in by the 13 would be July 3 because of their 10 day rule.

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 pm

DGPHMP wrote:
hanner22 wrote:
DGPHMP wrote:
Nope. Did you?

I spoke to someone there yesterday she was very nice told me that they were trying to certify as many people as possible for the July 13 ceremony she said there are over 300 of us that they are trying to certify which also includes people that are waiving in. The lastest we should receive notification to be sworn in by the 13 would be July 3 because of their 10 day rule.
So if we don’t hear by July 3rd we can’t attend the ceremony?

hanner22

New

Post by hanner22 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Anyone still waiting for an email?

My application was updated today to say "Receipt of Character and Fitness Summary Report." At least there is some change going on.

DGPHMP

New

Post by DGPHMP » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:51 pm

hanner22 wrote:Anyone still waiting for an email?

My application was updated today to say "Receipt of Character and Fitness Summary Report." At least there is some change going on.
I haven’t even gotten that far. I bet your email comes today. I’ll say a prayer for ya.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”