Admission App Assistance---2nd Dept NY

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
musername

New

Admission App Assistance---2nd Dept NY

Postby musername » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:53 am

I didn't make any steps to gather my admission documents because i was sure I failed! Good surprise though...

Applying for admission in NY- 2nd Dept and scrambling---

For the employment affidavits-- what happens if the person who was your supervisor no longer works for said organization? Can they still fill it out for you if they work elsewhere?

Also has anyone completed their probono requirements so long ago that they used an old form? I completed mine in 2013 for a judge that is retired and a clerk that has moved out of state to a completely different field...

TEIAM

Bronze

Re: Admission App Assistance---2nd Dept NY

Postby TEIAM » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 pm

musername wrote:I didn't make any steps to gather my admission documents because i was sure I failed! Good surprise though...

Applying for admission in NY- 2nd Dept and scrambling---

For the employment affidavits-- what happens if the person who was your supervisor no longer works for said organization? Can they still fill it out for you if they work elsewhere?

Also has anyone completed their probono requirements so long ago that they used an old form? I completed mine in 2013 for a judge that is retired and a clerk that has moved out of state to a completely different field...

For the employment affidavit, it can really be filled out by anyone unless you worked for a solo. I had an admin fill out one and a recruiter fill out another.

musername

New

Postby musername » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:17 pm

But what if you were supervised by only one attorney really, no one else really knew you there, and now that attorney works for a different organization... can that attorney still fill out an employment affidavit for that particular internship even though they are now employed elsewhere?

Damage Over Time

Silver

Postby Damage Over Time » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 pm

musername wrote:But what if you were supervised by only one attorney really, no one else really knew you there, and now that attorney works for a different organization... can that attorney still fill out an employment affidavit for that particular internship even though they are now employed elsewhere?

You should probably call the department and ask this exact question

musername

New

Postby musername » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:01 pm

One more question folks:

What happens if all your employers don't fit onto the application? Is there some kind of official rider that should be added on and can I just kind of make my own rider?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�