FEB 2018 Bar exam Hangout thread!

Banana1

Re: FEB 2018 Bar exam Hangout thread!

Postby Banana1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:21 am

Does anyone have criminal procedure notes? Im finding themis very unhelpful on this subject!

or does anyone have any recommendations on what to do ?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Postby FinallyPassedTheBar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Anyone need an Emanuel's S&T 2 book? It's nearly brand new with no writing in it. I'll send it to you for free, I just ask that you sign up for Adaptibar with my discount referral code. Thanks. PM me.

Banana1

Postby Banana1 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:10 am

I have a question on criminal law!

So one of the elements of burglary is with the intent to commit a felony therein.

Does that felony need to be one of the spesific intent crimes or can it be anything?

shaq23

Postby shaq23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:55 am

If anyone is considering Adaptibar. Here is a good review on the program to help you decide. They also offer $30 off.

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/review- ... its-worth/

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Banana1 wrote:I have a question on criminal law!

So one of the elements of burglary is with the intent to commit a felony therein.

Does that felony need to be one of the spesific intent crimes or can it be anything?

It would be anything the jurisdiction considers to be a felony.

I hope this does not sound like I am yanking your chain but there are some common law felonies but most felonies have been created by statute so you could legitimately come across a question that explicitly states that a particular crime is punished as a misdemeanor in a particular jurisdiction and then you would know that if that jurisdiction's burglary elements are the same as the standard one, then what occurred would not be a burglary and the perpetrator would not be guilty of burglary. This is basically one of their strategies to trip you up on the CrimLaw MBE.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:12 pm

MRSP wrote:How's everyone doing? Anyone start religiously studying yet?

Just started studying like a monk this week. Last week was basically my last hurrah for the holiday season - I have a smattering of holiday parties but it really is turning into a "study all day to earn the right to relax"-type approach which takes the fun out of getting smashed at parties. It took more time than expected to figure out what my study schedule would look like with work in the picture. Ironically, barely missing the cutoff makes it harder because a) I still remember most of this stuff from bar prep #1 and from school; and b) I don't know if I will throw myself off or burn out by doing more than I did last time.

Banana1

Postby Banana1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:47 pm

RCinDNA wrote:
Banana1 wrote:I have a question on criminal law!

It would be anything the jurisdiction considers to be a felony.

I hope this does not sound like I am yanking your chain but there are some common law felonies but most felonies have been created by statute so you could legitimately come across a question that explicitly states that a particular crime is punished as a misdemeanor in a particular jurisdiction and then you would know that if that jurisdiction's burglary elements are the same as the standard one, then what occurred would not be a burglary and the perpetrator would not be guilty of burglary. This is basically one of their strategies to trip you up on the CrimLaw MBE.

so then what normally could be a felony would only be treated as a misdemeanour and so wouldnt consitute a felony for the purposes of burglary ? Am I correct?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”