2018 February Illinois Bar

RCinDNA

2018 February Illinois Bar

Postby RCinDNA » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:15 pm

As everyone may be aware, the Illinois bar results were released this past Friday so I figured I would start a thread for re-takers and anyone who is a first time applicant taking the February test administration.

Briefly about me, I did pretty well in law school, in large part thanks to the guides to 1L posted on this site, but this past July administration was pretty traumatic - nothing seemed to click and I went into the exam burnt out and exhausted. I think nothing started to come together until I started to ignore BarBri lectures and work real multiple choice questions! Disappointed, but I had a nagging feeling that I would need to re-take so I had been preparing myself for the possibility that I was one of those people whose passage would be 50%/50% so I am readying myself up for an all out effort.

Anyway, this can be a place to gather, vent, and share notes about the upcoming test administration. I've lurked here all throughout law school so I figure I would start the thread since TLS has been such a resource for me and this feels like the final stretch!

RCinDNA

Re: 2018 February Illinois Bar

Postby RCinDNA » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:00 am

I ended up failing by 7 points - unfortunately, The two 5s and 4 I got in stronger subjects on the MEE just could not get me over the hump. Sadly, the MPT, Con Law and Torts, the easier MEE subjects, took me down.

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:14 pm

You can pay $25 to see your essays and model answers as of today.

Get ready for the frustration of comparing your answer to a model answer that is substantially similar to your own wording yet not a recipient of full credit. :roll:

uhhuhjulia

Postby uhhuhjulia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:46 am

RCinDNA wrote:You can pay $25 to see your essays and model answers as of today.

Get ready for the frustration of comparing your answer to a model answer that is substantially similar to your own wording yet not a recipient of full credit. :roll:

is this offered to everyone or just those who need to retake?

adj

Postby adj » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 pm

uhhuhjulia wrote:

is this offered to everyone or just those who need to retake?

No, just those who need to retake. Essay answers are not available to those who pass. Only MBE thresholds are offered to those who pass for DC (133), Minnesota (145) and North Dakota (150). Each is offered for $25. I am considering doing it, but have not decided yet.

adj

Postby adj » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:09 pm

You are so right! I passed this July after a 3rd try. A couple of my essay answers each try were very similar to the model answers. Very frustrating, especially knowing you cannot challenge your score.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”