Final Practice MBE Score VS Actual MBE Scaled Score (if released)

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
kyle010723

Silver

Re: Final Practice MBE Score VS Actual MBE Scaled Score (if released)

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:42 pm

myspiritanimal wrote:I hear this a lot, but one half of the actual MBE felt a LOT harder than the Barbri midterm and refresher, so I'm not sure how to think about that..

I felt like I failed too walking out of the MBE. It’s normal given the stress and uncertainty, but you likely did better than you thought you did.

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Postby Cop2lawyerNYC » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:58 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
myspiritanimal wrote:I hear this a lot, but one half of the actual MBE felt a LOT harder than the Barbri midterm and refresher, so I'm not sure how to think about that..

I felt like I failed too walking out of the MBE. It’s normal given the stress and uncertainty, but you likely did better than you thought you did.

A lot of the Barbri final questions look deceptively easy, though. You know there’s a trick in there, well, because it’s barbri. I would answer a question and say to myself that I prob got it wrong; they had me paranoid—but I learned a lot of the nuance. The way I look at it, if you had to wait 3 months to get your barbri score you’d think that you failed and that the questions were really hard, right?

I’m concerned with this test. I feel like I failed. But, if I could retake the MBE there are only 5 questions I would change; 5 questions that I know for a fact I got wrong. With the other 80+ questions I was unsure of, I have no idea. I could have gotten them all wrong, all right, or something in between. I’m sure there are also questions that I thought I got right but I probably got wrong. Bottom line, the test is curved. If it was that hard then everyone is in the same boat. That said, I don’t think it’s a stretch to anticipate an mbe ranking in line with how you were doing during practice.

kyle010723

Silver

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:03 pm

I think that’s definitely fair, if you have to wait 3 months to get your barbri score, you probably feel like you failed too. Y’all most likely did just fine. Eitherway it’s already submitted, nothing you can do now.

Jdsquared87

New

Postby Jdsquared87 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:10 pm

1st attempt-

Kaplan midterm- 99
Kaplan final- 102

Actual mbe- 125 (failed)

This go around-

Kaplan midterm- 110
Kaplan final- 136
Emmanuels final- 68%

Keeping fingers crossed that i passed this time!!!

diatribe

New

Postby diatribe » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Also first attempt here:

Kaplan midterm- 160/200

Kaplan final- 151/200

Extra Kaplan Practice exam 161/200

80%+ in every subject for Kaplan QBank, all 2000+ questions answered.
100% Kaplan program completion (but to be fair I didn't take some of their assignments seriously)

Actual mbe- TBD

Kaplan told us to expect to add 10-20 points to our final score in order to account for NCBE MBE scaling but after how I felt with the actual MBE, I think I'll be beyond lucky to score what I did in practice even with the scaling already added. This isn't the bs your classmate spewed every time you finished a test and he claimed he "failed." I had extra time from my AM session and counted 58 questions out of 100 that I "knew for sure" that I had gotten correct. Obviously I could still be wrong, but the figure is around 50. For the PM session I didn't even bother counting because I was 50/50 on half and lost of the other half.

Will repost this with actual MBE score come November.

HopingIPass2929

New

Postby HopingIPass2929 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Barbri Midterm - 161/200
Refresher - 80:100
Adaptibar, old NCBE exams - 87, 90, 81 (all out of 100)

Actual MBE - to be determined.

I come on here to post my scores so that I remember to come back and look. I am pretty sure I failed the exam; I also don’t think it’s Barbris fault or anyone else’s. I am not one of those people that do amazing and say “I failed.” I studied hard all summer. I knew my stuff. I just wasn’t in the zone on the day of the bar exam. I was distracted and I already know of over 10 questions I got wrong. I do think the questions were phrased “differently,” but I think we also had all of the material. I will come back to update after we obtain results. This is also my therapy. I’ve spent way too much time on this and Reddit since we took the exam and honestly, I have loved ones who are getting aggravated and for my own self, regardless of the outcome, I should be with them for these next few months and if I have to take this again, I know to be more serious on the day of the exam. Best of luck all.

supersonicfast

New

Postby supersonicfast » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:32 pm

HopingIPass2929 wrote:Barbri Midterm - 161/200

I come on here to post my scores so that I remember to come back and look. I am pretty sure I failed the exam; I also don’t think it’s Barbris fault or anyone else’s. I am not one of those people that do amazing and say “I failed.” I studied hard all summer. I knew my stuff. I just wasn’t in the zone on the day of the bar exam. I was distracted and I already know of over 10 questions I got wrong. I do think the questions were phrased “differently,” but I think we also had all of the material. I will come back to update after we obtain results. This is also my therapy. I’ve spent way too much time on this and Reddit since we took the exam and honestly, I have loved ones who are getting aggravated and for my own self, regardless of the outcome, I should be with them for these next few months and if I have to take this again, I know to be more serious on the day of the exam. Best of luck all.

GTFOH

HopingIPass2929

New

Postby HopingIPass2929 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:50 pm

supersonicfast wrote:
HopingIPass2929 wrote:Barbri Midterm - 161/200

GTFOH

Why GTFOH?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?