Final Practice MBE Score VS Actual MBE Scaled Score (if released) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mathandthelaw

New

Re: Final Practice MBE Score VS Actual MBE Scaled Score (if released)

Post by mathandthelaw » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:07 pm

This gives me hope for CA! My MBEs are usually only above average, with essays and PTs being my strength.

Barbri Sim: 120/200
Barbri Refresher: 68/100

naeba6

New

Post by naeba6 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:15 am

I wish I could remember the actual numbers, but I think I roughly recall... (if anyone knows how to access Barbri scores after the fact, let me know)

Barbri midterm: 120/ 200
Barbri "refresher": 65/ 100
MBE scaled: 152.3

rbfplacid

New

Post by rbfplacid » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Barbri final: 98/200
MBE (scaled): 139 (July 2018)

Right after the Barbri final, about 3 weeks before the bar, I started going off script and doing all NCBE, Kaplan, and Emmanuel MBEs and started scoring in the low to high 60s. So the Barbri final might not be a good measurement. I wanted to do real MBE questions. I guess 139 MBE is somewhere in that % range. I totally thought I failed. So if you're low on the Barbri final, don't fret!

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Barbri diagnostic: 135/200 (if I remember right)
MBE 2018: 169

Saquan82

New

Post by Saquan82 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Barbri simulated = 114/200
Refresher = 60/100

Actual MBE = 150

Passed UBE with a 288 in July 2018. I checked this forum religiously the past few weeks. Wanted to post this to pay it forward for anyone else waiting to hear back.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Saquan82 wrote:Barbri simulated = 114/200
Refresher = 60/100

Actual MBE = 150

Passed UBE with a 288 in July 2018. I checked this forum religiously the past few weeks. Wanted to post this to pay it forward for anyone else waiting to hear back.
Thanks! I notice that you got around the median on the essay. How did you feel on the essays and MPT? how close was it to this analysis (from JD Advising). Thanks and congrats

The following MBE subjects were tested on the MEE:

Constitutional Law: whether Congress can commandeer the states, whether Congress can enact legislation under the Commerce Clause when it substantially affects interstate commerce

Contracts: whether UCC or common law governs the contract, contract formation, option contracts under common law, revocation of an offer, counteroffer

Evidence: hearsay (specifically, statement for the purpose of medical diagnosis/treatment, business records exception), relevancy, character evidence, habit evidence

Real Property (perhaps with Secured Transactions): zoning (grandfather clauses, conforming versus nonconforming use), priority regarding a lender who provides a future advance loan and someone that has a mechanic’s lien (Note: Some examinees have stated that a construction mortgage was tested, in which case this would be a Real Property/Secured Transactions question. We do not have enough information to determine if this is accurate as the questions have not been released.)
The following MEE subjects were tested:

Corporations: articles of incorporation, promoter liability, liability when someone attempts to incorporate in bad faith versus good faith
Trusts: duties of the trustee (loyalty, care), anti-lapse statute

Houstonttt

New

Post by Houstonttt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Refresher = 60/100

Actual MBE = 150

Thanks so very much, it's realy hopful
We are extremely nervous. WE have to wait untill Nov.
And I am getting realy sick
This shoulb be unconditional.
The BAR EXAM deprive me life liberty and happiness
I am crying every day

max_p

New

Post by max_p » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Kaplan midterm: 129
Kaplan final: 134
Actual MBE: 160
Total UBE: 315

Would totally use Kaplan again. My strategy was focused more on memorizing the outlines than doing questions.

Houstonttt

New

Post by Houstonttt » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:14 pm

max_p wrote:Kaplan midterm: 129
Kaplan final: 134
Actual MBE: 160
Total UBE: 315

Would totally use Kaplan again. My strategy was focused more on memorizing the outlines than doing questions.
Congrats and thanks for sharing

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Houstonttt

New

Post by Houstonttt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 am

Refresher = 60/100

Actual MBE = 150

Congrats and thanks for sharing

rustyburger2

Bronze

Post by rustyburger2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Can anyone speak to how they did on the MEE's compared to how many of the issues they spoke on?

I'm looking at this: https://seperac.com/analysis.php

Honestly, I'd say I only wrote about 60-70% of those issues. Missed all the promoter liability stuff, and more...

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:15 pm

rustyburger2 wrote:Can anyone speak to how they did on the MEE's compared to how many of the issues they spoke on?

Honestly, I'd say I only wrote about 60-70% of those issues. Missed all the promoter liability stuff, and more...

I just read the official NCBE analysis “promoter liability does not apply”. Since promoter liability only comes into effect if the promoter knew the corporation was not formed yet. In the fact pattern she thought she was incorporated

rustyburger2

Bronze

Post by rustyburger2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:
rustyburger2 wrote:Can anyone speak to how they did on the MEE's compared to how many of the issues they spoke on?

I just read the official NCBE analysis “promoter liability does not apply”. Since promoter liability only comes into effect if the promoter knew the corporation was not formed yet. In the fact pattern she thought she was incorporated
I mean, that question was all around a shitshow for me. I thought it was a corporations-partnership hybrid, and argued that no corporation was formed but they would be considered a general partnership and thus still liable lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Post by Cop2lawyerNYC » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:21 pm

rustyburger2 wrote:
Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:

I mean, that question was all around a shitshow for me. I thought it was a corporations-partnership hybrid, and argued that no corporation was formed but they would be considered a general partnership and thus still liable lol
That’s actually in the NCBE analsis. I think you nailed it.

rustyburger2

Bronze

Post by rustyburger2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:
rustyburger2 wrote:
Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:

Oh wow for real? I'd ask for a link, but to be honest I don't even want to check for myself. I'll take that glimmer of hope and run with it. Thanks man!

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:
rustyburger2 wrote:
Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:

Oh okay! Maybe I should take the plunge and read too. That's exactly my analysis after starting with promoter's liability...

sg1226

New

Post by sg1226 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Can someone post a link to the analysis?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

maroon175

Bronze

Post by maroon175 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:52 pm

sg1226 wrote:Can someone post a link to the analysis?
http://store.ncbex.org/july-2018-mee-qu ... -download/

Igelhune

New

Post by Igelhune » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Lawworld19 wrote:Any themis takers on here?

How did your themis practice tests go compared to the real deal?

Themis first practice test was a 110 if I remember correctly. Final test was a 60/100 flat.

Actual MBE score was a 138.5. Passed bar with a 286 UBE score

MAwannabeCAatty

New

Post by MAwannabeCAatty » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 pm

I really appreciated this thread while waiting for results, so I figured I would provide my own now:

Barbri midterm/full-length test in early July: 156/200
PMBR full-length test: 155/200
Barbri final refresher: 84/100
MBE score: 170.6

I didn't think I would get the same "boost" that Barbri promised after the practice test since I was in good shape then, but I still did!

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 am

MAwannabeCAatty wrote:I really appreciated this thread while waiting for results, so I figured I would provide my own now:

I didn't think I would get the same "boost" that Barbri promised after the practice test since I was in good shape then, but I still did!
Wow, that is very consistent. With that score you won't have any trouble passing the Ca bar. I suggest you try it asap just to avoind wasting such a high score which even in California is auto-pass (as long as you don't completely bomb the essays).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lawbrowsor25

New

Post by Lawbrowsor25 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Simulated: 116
Overall Average on Practice tests: 54%
Themis Final: 54%
Actual MBE: 147
Essays: 161
UBE score: 308

I wanted to post my practice scores to give people hope. My overall average on practice questions was a 54%. My individual score for some subjects were at 40%. I was scoring between 65-70 % on mixed sets by the end, but I never got higher than a 70% mixed sets. My essays were always 3s and 4s and I only wrote out the graded essays and barely did practice essays. My point is I passed the bar exam with plenty of room to spare because I didn't give up and kept studying. I used critical pass and studied each answer and figured out why I got it wrong. My friend also used Themis and had similar practice scores and passed by a long shot. DO NOT LOSE HOPE.

Electricella

New

Post by Electricella » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:04 am

This is soooo inspiring, and gives hope, thank you so much!!
Lawbrowsor25 wrote:Simulated: 116
Overall Average on Practice tests: 54%
Themis Final: 54%
Actual MBE: 147
Essays: 161
UBE score: 308

I wanted to post my practice scores to give people hope. My overall average on practice questions was a 54%. My individual score for some subjects were at 40%. I was scoring between 65-70 % on mixed sets by the end, but I never got higher than a 70% mixed sets. My essays were always 3s and 4s and I only wrote out the graded essays and barely did practice essays. My point is I passed the bar exam with plenty of room to spare because I didn't give up and kept studying. I used critical pass and studied each answer and figured out why I got it wrong. My friend also used Themis and had similar practice scores and passed by a long shot. DO NOT LOSE HOPE.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:19 am

MAwannabeCAatty wrote:I really appreciated this thread while waiting for results, so I figured I would provide my own now:

Wow! Impressive! Many congratulations!

MAwannabeCAatty

New

Post by MAwannabeCAatty » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:13 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:

Wow! Impressive! Many congratulations!
Thank you! If it helps anyone, I did my full Barbri program and one of those three-day PMBR courses. The PMBR course came with hundreds of additional questions, so I did 5/subject from that book every morning before starting my regular Barbri program for the day. I also really paid attention to questions I got wrong and read those explanations (I tried the writing the rule out for every wrong question thing, but didn't really keep up with it). And this wasn't specifically for multiple choice, but the best thing I did was reviewing the Critical Pass flashcards with a few friends every evening.

I found that the real MBE felt pretty similar, difficulty-wise, to the practice tests I had done. And for those who aren't sure if it's good or bad that they finished early, I finished both sessions early, the afternoon session by at least half an hour.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”