North Carolina July 2017 Bar Results Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Re: North Carolina July 2017 Bar Results

Post by hipcatdaddio » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:41 pm

snek wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
snek wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
snek wrote:Am I the only one who's really interested in how their tablemates did? Really hoping those folks pulled it out, but didn't exchange info/phone numbers with the people I sat with.
I was lucky enough to sit with someone from my school! I haven't heard of she passed or not yet.

Btw can they not have table mates FACE eachother like that? It was unnerving
For sure it was! I was genuinely surprised by the arrangement. Not sure what I was expecting, but not that.
Also it gave me 0 room. If we were on the long side of the table I'd have so much more room.
Man, I was lucky. My table mate never came back after the morning session of day 1. He didn't type much that session, so didn't really distract me.
Oh my god were you with the guy who showed up late and then bounced later? That was incredible.
No, but I was near him if you're talking about the dude in Kerr Scott.

hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Post by hipcatdaddio » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:42 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:Where were you guys at? I was in McKinnon and there was crazy shit happening. This one girl next to me left after an hour or so both sessions on both days. Then on the end of the first day this girl kept trying to get up and leave and the proctor was not having it. I thought she was going to punch the proctor because the girl was like audibly saying "I have to get out of here" over and over.
I was in Kerr Scott. We had some weird stuff happening too. Had a dude show up half hour late to each session and then left the last session after about 20 minutes. Just weird.

ajcollege

New

Post by ajcollege » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:51 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:I was in Kerr Scott. We had some weird stuff happening too. Had a dude show up half hour late to each session and then left the last session after about 20 minutes. Just weird.
That was the weirdest dude I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure he brought in his cigarettes at one point and handed them to the proctor, like "here you go nbd." Literally not a week has gone by since the exam where I haven't wondered what his story was.

hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Post by hipcatdaddio » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:09 pm

ajcollege wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:I was in Kerr Scott. We had some weird stuff happening too. Had a dude show up half hour late to each session and then left the last session after about 20 minutes. Just weird.
That was the weirdest dude I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure he brought in his cigarettes at one point and handed them to the proctor, like "here you go nbd." Literally not a week has gone by since the exam where I haven't wondered what his story was.
He definitely dropped his cigs during the last session and handed them over. I'm still baffled to this day over him.

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:16 pm

Oh I got the names wrong! I was in Kerr Scott too. I remember that guy hahahaha

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

phantom1412

New

Post by phantom1412 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:59 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:
ajcollege wrote:
He definitely dropped his cigs during the last session and handed them over. I'm still baffled to this day over him.
Oh man this dude sat in the table diagonal to me. It was wild. I'm not gonna lie tho I really wanted to ask him for a cig.

Passed in MD. Congrats to all who passed and sending good vibes to those still awaiting results. For those who didn't get it this time, there's always February

snek

Gold

Post by snek » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:08 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:
snek wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
snek wrote:
cricketlove00 wrote:
snek wrote:Am I the only one who's really interested in how their tablemates did? Really hoping those folks pulled it out, but didn't exchange info/phone numbers with the people I sat with.
I was lucky enough to sit with someone from my school! I haven't heard of she passed or not yet.

Btw can they not have table mates FACE eachother like that? It was unnerving
For sure it was! I was genuinely surprised by the arrangement. Not sure what I was expecting, but not that.
Also it gave me 0 room. If we were on the long side of the table I'd have so much more room.
Man, I was lucky. My table mate never came back after the morning session of day 1. He didn't type much that session, so didn't really distract me.
Oh my god were you with the guy who showed up late and then bounced later? That was incredible.
No, but I was near him if you're talking about the dude in Kerr Scott.
You know I am.

18DELTA

New

Post by 18DELTA » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Passed in Fayetteville. However, mine said congratulations prepare for a C&F hearing. I used to fuck and fight too much back in my younger days. I'm 40 now and served 20 in the army. Anybody have any info on what to expect?

hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Post by hipcatdaddio » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:31 am

18DELTA wrote:Passed in Fayetteville. However, mine said congratulations prepare for a C&F hearing. I used to fuck and fight too much back in my younger days. I'm 40 now and served 20 in the army. Anybody have any info on what to expect?
Wait, they told you that you would be having a C&F hearing in your letter? Jeez. I've known a couple people who have gotten attorneys to represent them during their C&F hearings, all were successful. Don't know how anybody who has just gone up by themselves has done.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

18DELTA

New

Post by 18DELTA » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:
18DELTA wrote:Passed in Fayetteville. However, mine said congratulations prepare for a C&F hearing. I used to fuck and fight too much back in my younger days. I'm 40 now and served 20 in the army. Anybody have any info on what to expect?
Wait, they told you that you would be having a C&F hearing in your letter? Jeez. I've known a couple people who have gotten attorneys to represent them during their C&F hearings, all were successful. Don't know how anybody who has just gone up by themselves has done.

I plan on talking to another attorney today. The one I talked to yesterday seemed like a greedy weasel.

Letter said you passed etc. "However, our review of your application and supporting documentation has disclosed issues relating to your character and fitness to practice law which need to be addressed. You will be notified in writing of the specific issues in a NOtice of Hearing.The hearing will be conducted by a panel of the Board and will be scheduled in the near future so that these issues may be resolved without undue delay."

HungryMob

New

Post by HungryMob » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:16 pm

Do those that passed ever get their scores? Very curious how I did. I would think they share MBE scores in case we transfer them to another jurisdiction...

DurhamNC2017

New

Post by DurhamNC2017 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:16 pm

HungryMob wrote:Do those that passed ever get their scores? Very curious how I did. I would think they share MBE scores in case we transfer them to another jurisdiction...
I believe that if you are transferring MBE score to another state bar, there is a process by which you can find out your MBE score, but I've not been through the process personally. I wish that NC released passing scores, as many, if not most other states do; I'd be curious to know as well.

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:50 pm

I believe in the past they have given scores if you request. However, I have no desire to know if I was close to the cut off so I will not be doing that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:23 pm

18DELTA wrote:
hipcatdaddio wrote:

I plan on talking to another attorney today. The one I talked to yesterday seemed like a greedy weasel.

Letter said you passed etc. "However, our review of your application and supporting documentation has disclosed issues relating to your character and fitness to practice law which need to be addressed. You will be notified in writing of the specific issues in a NOtice of Hearing.The hearing will be conducted by a panel of the Board and will be scheduled in the near future so that these issues may be resolved without undue delay."
From what I gather from a not dissimilar situation in Kentucky, so long as that fighting and fucking isn't in your RECENT past, you should be just fine. That's Kentucky though, and they make us hop all the C&F hurdles before we're cleared to sit for the test. Stuff you did as a young buck during the early WoT days when we all thought we had a better than 50/50 shot of dying next rotation are unlikely to hold you back. If you were still acting up in your 30s, you'll probably have some 'splaining to do. All they seemed to need to hear from me was that I was young and dumb and I've learned from it and mellowed in my old age.

If the hearing is approaching and you haven't found someone local who gives you the old warm and fuzzy, let me know and I'll see if I can find you a referral.

fastguyy

New

Post by fastguyy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:34 pm

I was the guy in the Expo Hall who walked out 30 minutes early on the essay portion.

Passed, got it in the mail today here in California.

daswento

New

Post by daswento » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:10 am

Got my pass letter today in the Northeast. Not ashamed to admit I cried tears of joy—I left the exam sure that I'd failed miserably and was somewhat shocked to find out that I'd passed.

Congrats to all the passers!

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:53 am

fastguyy wrote:I was the guy in the Expo Hall who walked out 30 minutes early on the essay portion.

You were obnoxious and still are

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fastguyy

New

Post by fastguyy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:15 pm

cricketlove00 wrote:
fastguyy wrote:I was the guy in the Expo Hall who walked out 30 minutes early on the essay portion.

You were obnoxious and still are
Wanted to get out early so I could hit the vape pen in my car, bro.

AmicusCuriae6

New

Post by AmicusCuriae6 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:43 pm

NC: 1017 takers, 61.75% pass

hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Post by hipcatdaddio » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm

AmicusCuriae6 wrote:NC: 1017 takers, 61.75% pass
Source?

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:07 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:
Source?
I don't know the specifics, but I do know the average was 62% according to my school's website.

http://news.law.wfu.edu/2017/09/wake-fo ... w-schools/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AmicusCuriae6

New

Post by AmicusCuriae6 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 pm

hipcatdaddio wrote:
Source?
A colleague of mine who shared the break down of NC stats for all law schools in NC. If I could share pics on here, I would.

However, I also saw WFU law press rounded up the %s.

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Damn, 62% is kinda rough for July, no?

NCGuy

Gold

Post by NCGuy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:36 pm

AT9 wrote:Damn, 62% is kinda rough for July, no?
Pretty typical for NC. It's an extremely protectionist bar.
Last edited by NCGuy on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:27 am

62% is actually higher than it's been in 5 years.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”