Adaptibar user hangout - Feb 2018 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
guyindfw1

New

Adaptibar user hangout - Feb 2018

Post by guyindfw1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 am

I signed up for Adaptibar. Is it too early to starting working on MBE questions in Adaptibar? I hope doing adaptibar questions will force me to read the outlines and improve remembering the law.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar user hangout - Feb 2018

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Definitely not too early. You might want to first read your outlines though--make yourself a bit more comfortable with the material before jumping into questions.

--Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

ndbigdave

Bronze

Re: Adaptibar user hangout - Feb 2018

Post by ndbigdave » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:Definitely not too early. You might want to first read your outlines though--make yourself a bit more comfortable with the material before jumping into questions.

--Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)
I have mixed feelings about this - Adaptibar and Sean both recommend doing your first set AFTER going through all of the main subjects tested by the MBE and guaging your ability on each set of 350 questions (completed over time).

If you are starting this early, I could see value in doing 50 a day for a week (to get to the first 350) to give yourself a "foundational score" it may be absolutely horrific (especially if some/many of the subjects havent been reviewed since 1L year) but it can give value in knowing exactly where you are now rather than an artificial "bump" having just reviewed all of the material recently. You want to KNOW what you KNOW (or have an idea) once you have gotten through that baseline 350 you can dive into the subjects while having a knowledge for what subjects/sub-topics you have a clue about and which you dont (you may surprise yourself). After spending time getting through the 7 subjects (however best you study: outlines, audio lecutures, video lectures, flashcards...whatever works for you) this deep-dive into the subjects should be more thorough take at least a day or two with each subject, give yourself a day or two off to be fresh and then get through another 350 questions (perfect world in chunks of 50 or so) and you should now have a good idea of exactly where you stand. You can compare the first 350 to your second 350 to see where studying helped and where it didnt, you will have weak topics (or the average student will) but the best part is you have identified them early in the process and you can go back to studying topics (with a special focus on weaknesses) to try to shore them up.

You could spend 2 weeks getting to the 700 questions and then another week to two weeks doing the studying if you are starting this early you will have completed nearly half the program and be well on your way to refining your studying with plenty of time to studying essay topics, write essays if you so need and taking some practice MBEs to build up endurance/stamina so that you are prepared for the slog that is 3+ hours (with instructions and nonsense before the test + the actual test) of sitting in one place in an uncomfortable chair.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”