Transferring MBE Score

2014applicant

Transferring MBE Score

Postby 2014applicant » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Can't figure out how this works ...

I took two exams concurrently: NY and MA. MBE score will be transferred from NY to MA. MA scores come out early October and NY scores come out about a month or so later (I think). Will NY hold off on sending off my MBE score until they release their scores? I'm trying to figure out if my MA score will be on hold until the NY scores come out, if that makes sense.

hockeyman969

Re: Transferring MBE Score

Postby hockeyman969 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:31 pm

2014applicant wrote:Can't figure out how this works ...

I took two exams concurrently: NY and MA. MBE score will be transferred from NY to MA. MA scores come out early October and NY scores come out about a month or so later (I think). Will NY hold off on sending off my MBE score until they release their scores? I'm trying to figure out if my MA score will be on hold until the NY scores come out, if that makes sense.

If you pass they'll tell you, but they won't release the score. Had friends take Jersey (pre-UBE) and NY when NJ released they were told they passed but not given an MBE score...the nat'l conference gets those done quickly...I know before Sept 18 cuz that's when FL releases.

2014applicant

Postby 2014applicant » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:19 am

hockeyman969 wrote:

If you pass they'll tell you, but they won't release the score. Had friends take Jersey (pre-UBE) and NY when NJ released they were told they passed but not given an MBE score...the nat'l conference gets those done quickly...I know before Sept 18 cuz that's when FL releases.

But if you fail they do provide MBE score? I guess it might also vary by jurisdiction.

cnk1220

Postby cnk1220 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:37 pm

2014applicant wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

But if you fail they do provide MBE score? I guess it might also vary by jurisdiction.

Not sure about NJ but in NY I passed UBE- got my total ube score and my mbe score too in my certification letter. My guess is NY will make you wait until they release officially so you'll have to wait until NY comes out to transfer your mbe score to MA

hockeyman969

Postby hockeyman969 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:49 pm

cnk1220 wrote:
2014applicant wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:

Not sure about NJ but in NY I passed UBE- got my total ube score and my mbe score too in my certification letter. My guess is NY will make you wait until they release officially so you'll have to wait until NY comes out to transfer your mbe score to MA

NY will release to a foreign jurisdiction early, like I said my friends who took NJ and NY found out they passed NJ before NY released but that is considered a concurrent transfer rather than an advisory statement.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”