WORST MBE EVER!!!!!!!! Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anabasis

New

Re: WORST MBE EVER!!!!!!!!

Post by anabasis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:26 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
cats wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:Also guys, I don't want to jinx us but look at some old threads from years past. The vast majority of people come out of the bar exam feeling ambivalent and like they might have failed. And most of them end up having done well enough to pass with room to spare. I get feeling nervous (I do too) but we should all have a little perspective here. Feeling like you bombed seems to be par for the course
except more people will fail this year than ever. I'm just hoping we're not on the margin
Probably a few more just because law schools have been admitting lower LSATs each year, but why do you think there will be significantly more failures?
At least part of what I see is self-fulfilling predictions by NCBE. They expect (almost seem to want) lower scores, so when they scale...they come out with lower scores.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:29 pm

krjackson59 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:Also guys, I don't want to jinx us but look at some old threads from years past. The vast majority of people come out of the bar exam feeling ambivalent and like they might have failed. And most of them end up having done well enough to pass with room to spare. I get feeling nervous (I do too) but we should all have a little perspective here. Feeling like you bombed seems to be par for the course
except more people will fail this year than ever. I'm just hoping we're not on the margin
There is no evidence to support this. Don't fearmonger.
Agreed. This guy has been trolling multiple threads... y'all did fine.
I'm not "trolling" I took the bar exam with you. lighten up

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:33 pm

There's obviously a correlation between better schools and better bar pass rates more generally, so it's basically guaranteed that there's a relationship between LSAT and bar. It makes some sense--both involve learning test taking strategies, quick processing, multiple choice tests, and a few months of concentrated study.

That doesn't mean it's like a huge coefficient or anything. And it doesn't mean smart people don't fail or that lower tier JD applicants don't pass. But obviously there's SOME correlation.

I don't see how it's predictive for an individual tho. Just one estimate of a skillset that may be overwhelmed by other factors.

krjackson59

New

Post by krjackson59 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:33 pm

cats wrote:
krjackson59 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
You've been on threads regarding multiple states' local day, telling people they're fucked, etc... you're trolling man. I'm licensed, but I remember a time where I wasn't. People like you just get a rise out this...

If you aren't trolling, I apologize, but perhaps you should change your rhetoric.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:36 pm

It was awful. I wasn't expecting to see as much civ pro as I did, and the con law was overwhelmingly concerned with powers, which was something that was not emphasized during my preparation. Also, the exam software was so temperamental, I had to handwrite the MEE/MPT. I'm hoping that I don't get autofailed just for being the only schmuck who handwrote.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:38 pm

krjackson59 wrote:
cats wrote:
krjackson59 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:
You've been on threads regarding multiple states' local day, telling people they're fucked, etc... you're trolling man. I'm licensed, but I remember a time where I wasn't. People like you just get a rise out this...

If you aren't trolling, I apologize, but perhaps you should change your rhetoric.
you realize nearly everyone takes the mbe right. lol at rhetoric this is a law board and ur already a lawyer stop being sensitive snowflake

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Jmart082 wrote:It was awful. I wasn't expecting to see as much civ pro as I did, and the con law was overwhelmingly concerned with powers, which was something that was not emphasized during my preparation. Also, the exam software was so temperamental, I had to handwrite the MEE/MPT. I'm hoping that I don't get autofailed just for being the only schmuck who handwrote.
cr. software flaked on me bad

krjackson59

New

Post by krjackson59 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:42 pm

cats wrote:
krjackson59 wrote:
cats wrote:
krjackson59 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
cats wrote:

you realize nearly everyone takes the mbe right. lol at rhetoric this is a law board and ur already a lawyer stop being sensitive snowflake
Internet bullying is the karma keeping you from being a lawyer also, dumbass.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:44 pm

krjackson59 wrote: Internet bullying is the karma keeping you from being a lawyer also, dumbass.
Are you bullying me or what

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

cats wrote:
krjackson59 wrote: Internet bullying is the karma keeping you from being a lawyer also, dumbass.
Oh yah! You said I'm fucked!!
Omg omg you gonna fail.
Last edited by happyhour1122 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
cats wrote:

Omg omg you gonna fail.
let's all kill ourselves

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm

cats wrote:
They're not. Drop it. Last warning before you get banned.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:48 pm

cats wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cats wrote:

Omg omg you gonna fail.
let's all kill ourselves

Don't do that :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cats

New

Post by cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:52 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
cats wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cats wrote:

Omg omg you gonna fail.
let's all kill ourselves

don't want to
he's gonna ban me for being down in a thread that starts out: "WORST MBE EVER!!!!!!!!
OK, I TOOK THIS DAMN BAR EXAM 3 TIMES (licensed in one state) YESTERDAY'S MBE WAS THE WORSTTTTTTTTTT EVERRRRRRRRRRR
CURVE GOTTA HELP PLEASE!"

that's why i'm sad :(
good luck to you though u will maek

gatorade_potato

New

Post by gatorade_potato » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:37 pm

cats wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cats wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:
cats wrote:

Omg omg you gonna fail.
let's all kill ourselves

don't want to
he's gonna ban me for being down in a thread that starts out: "WORST MBE EVER!!!!!!!!
OK, I TOOK THIS DAMN BAR EXAM 3 TIMES (licensed in one state) YESTERDAY'S MBE WAS THE WORSTTTTTTTTTT EVERRRRRRRRRRR
CURVE GOTTA HELP PLEASE!"

that's why i'm sad :(
good luck to you though u will maek
Are you a terrible troll or are you genuinely this insufferable in real life?

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:54 pm

It was definitely tougher than when I took it 3 years ago, but I don't know about it being the worst over. I felt like there were a lot more "least worst answer" rather than "best answer" questions, more questions where they only state half of the rule and then changed the word/term from what we normally see in review/past exam materials and definitely way more very lengthy fact patterns. And then there were those questions that straight just didn't make sense. Those were probably experimental but since there were 2.5 times more of them, that definitely contributed to the toughness of the exam since you can't very well skip any question and the tendency is to agonize over a fact pattern you don't quite understand instead of just picking an answer and moving on.

I felt like this MBE required more discipline and attention to detail than the one I took before.

For context, my previous MBE score was in the 97th percentile and I knew when I walked out of the test center after MBE day that I had passed regardless of how I did in the essays. I honestly don't feel the same way now (I don't think I failed, but I'm not 100% sure I passed either).

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:16 pm

MBE sucked but it's over and see the sticky post by Chup.

From now on, discussing the MBE=ban. Period. Don't even talk about it in broad strokes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”