What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 am

Some people online are saying you can pass the California bar in 100 hours or less. Is this even possible?
Like this guy: http://blakemasters.com/post/3711346829 ... -100-hours

Stalemated
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby Stalemated » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:02 am

I spent about four weeks studying, and I feel pretty good about it. Combo of self-study, Kaplan 3-day, MEE one-sheets and Adaptibar.

BARBRI's MBE prep was terrible this year, from what I've heard.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:08 am

Stalemated wrote:I spent about four weeks studying, and I feel pretty good about it. Combo of self-study, Kaplan 3-day, MEE one-sheets and Adaptibar.

BARBRI's MBE prep was terrible this year, from what I've heard.


Barbri didn't even seem like the same test. Topics, formatting and everything else were all different.

hockeyman969
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby hockeyman969 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:29 am

Everyone got wacked, now it seems like bar examiners rebellion against prep companies.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 am

hockeyman969 wrote:Everyone got wacked, now it seems like bar examiners rebellion against prep companies.


Cr. This will probably be the end for Barbri. They still can't get their study apps to work on some platforms and lol at navigating their maze of a site. Plus all their lectures and outlines are being pirated all over google. At least they gave me a "discount" after haggling with a mindless student bar rep.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 587
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby esq » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:11 am

You can study 0 hours and score median. Will you? Probably not. But it is within the range of possibility. I hope that provides a concrete answer for what can happen.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 am

esq wrote:You can study 0 hours and score median. Will you? Probably not. But it is within the range of possibility. I hope that provides a concrete answer for what can happen.


favorited

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 27654
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 am

Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.


Yeah I know but their predictions were hilariously off this year. Like literally out of format and backwards. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.

User avatar
cnk1220
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cnk1220 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:43 am

cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.


Yeah I know but their predictions were hilariously off this year. Like literally out of format and backwards. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.



It's expensive because you're paying for those lectures and their precious time to stand there and bore you. If you studied the CMR and did MBEs you'll be okay! I felt like barbri underprepared me too and I passed, you will too.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am

cnk1220 wrote:
cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.


Yeah I know but their predictions were hilariously off this year. Like literally out of format and backwards. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.



It's expensive because you're paying for those lectures and their precious time to stand there and bore you. If you studied the CMR and did MBEs you'll be okay! I felt like barbri underprepared me too and I passed, you will too.


CMR is really all you need and they know this. hence the 300 book deposit on stuff you can print off barbri. com except for the CMR.
unless i missed something
would really have enjoyed a CMR pdf to print by topic

jdk
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 10:21 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby jdk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am

hockeyman969 wrote:Everyone got wacked, now it seems like bar examiners rebellion against prep companies.


I have a feeling it's more a reinforcement of the barriers to practice in order to make up for lagging law school admissions standards. The NCBE claims it's not a conscious effort...whether you buy that is up to you.

“If you have a low LSAT score, you are more likely to have a low MBE score when you emerge from law school and take the bar exam,” says Erica Moeser, president and CEO of the National Conference of Bar Examiners.
Last edited by jdk on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TooMuchTuna
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby TooMuchTuna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.


I wish this could be stickied. After EVVVVVVVVVVERY bar exam people run around saying how awful their bar prep course was because it didn't prepare them. Then, the vast majority find out they passed and they concede that maybe the prep course wasn't too terrible.

I admit that I was one of those people. I thought Barbri sucked. Then I passed. Then I realized maybe Barbri wasn't so terrible.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 am

jdk wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:Everyone got wacked, now it seems like bar examiners rebellion against prep companies.


I have a feeling it's more a reinforcement of the barriers to practice in order to make up for lagging law school admissions standards. The NCBE claims it's not a conscious effort...whether you buy that is up to you.

“If you have a low LSAT score, you are more likely to have a low MBE score when you emerge from law school and take the bar exam,” says Erica Moeser, president and CEO of the National Conference of Bar Examiners.


lol surprise low iq equals bad scores

User avatar
CAnow
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:13 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby CAnow » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 am

cats wrote:
cnk1220 wrote:
cats wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.


Yeah I know but their predictions were hilariously off this year. Like literally out of format and backwards. If it weren't so expensive I wouldn't give them a hard time about it.



It's expensive because you're paying for those lectures and their precious time to stand there and bore you. If you studied the CMR and did MBEs you'll be okay! I felt like barbri underprepared me too and I passed, you will too.


CMR is really all you need and they know this. hence the 300 book deposit on stuff you can print off barbri. com except for the CMR.
unless i missed something
would really have enjoyed a CMR pdf to print by topic



Tear out the pages of the CMR, run it through a scanner, and... voila. There's a project to work on between now and February.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:01 am

TooMuchTuna wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:Every single year that I've been on this website people come out of the exam saying "Barbri didn't prepare me at all, that was NOTHING like their MBE questions!!"

Every year those people pass the bar without any problems.

You can't evaluate your course until after you know whether you passed, because that's really what you're paying them for. Go think about something else and forget about the bar exam.


I wish this could be stickied. After EVVVVVVVVVVERY bar exam people run around saying how awful their bar prep course was because it didn't prepare them. Then, the vast majority find out they passed and they concede that maybe the prep course wasn't too terrible.

I admit that I was one of those people. I thought Barbri sucked. Then I passed. Then I realized maybe Barbri wasn't so terrible.


If i pass i'll drop this whole thing. will probably never poast online again. Barbri free to keep scam rolling

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 am

CAnow wrote:
Tear out the pages of the CMR, run it through a scanner, and... voila. There's a project to work on between now and February.


can you return books like that?

User avatar
TooMuchTuna
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby TooMuchTuna » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 am

cats wrote:
If i pass i'll drop this whole thing. will probably never poast online again. Barbri free to keep scam rolling


Of course you will. Just like everyone else who has come before you.

cats
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 am

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby cats » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:21 am

TooMuchTuna wrote:
cats wrote:
If i pass i'll drop this whole thing. will probably never poast online again. Barbri free to keep scam rolling


Of course you will. Just like everyone else who has come before you.


Fuck i'm seriously about to call the police

Law&coffee
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Re: What's the MINIMUM study time to get median on MBE?

Postby Law&coffee » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:36 pm

It depends on the person. There are a lot of different factors that go into the amount of time you need to study for the MBE.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beercules, Google Adsense [Bot], lwbe, runinthefront, Tony48 and 26 guests