if I got the statute of frauds tattooed on my arm would they let me sit for the bar?

anyriotgirl

if I got the statute of frauds tattooed on my arm would they let me sit for the bar?

Postby anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:58 pm

the state is NY. we are allowed to wear hoodies, but not with the hood up, so I am not sure which way they fall on this one

thisisxael

Re: if I got the statute of frauds tattooed on my arm would they let me sit for the bar?

Postby thisisxael » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:33 pm

ive heard they won't let you be buried in the ABA approved new york bar exam cemetery if you do

anyriotgirl

Re: if I got the statute of frauds tattooed on my arm would they let me sit for the bar?

Postby anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 pm

thisisxael wrote:ive heard they won't let you be buried in the ABA approved new york bar exam cemetery if you do

I heard this is just a myth the ABA tells to discourage tattoos and the rule has never actually been enforced

MarkinKansasCity
#MAGA

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:49 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
thisisxael wrote:ive heard they won't let you be buried in the ABA approved new york bar exam cemetery if you do

I heard this is just a myth the ABA tells to discourage tattoos and the rule has never actually been enforced

Personally, I just went with tatooing it on my dick, and then I could take a look if I needed to take a piss.

I know, I know. Male privilege.

anyriotgirl

Postby anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:51 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

Personally, I just went with tatooing it on my dick, and then I could take a look if I needed to take a piss.

merkin we know you didn't have enough space to fit the whole thing, stop pretending

devilblue

Postby devilblue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 pm

A similar situation didn't prevent the state of Illinois from housing Michael Scofield in a prison even though he had tattooed the building blueprint all over his body.

ndbigdave

Postby ndbigdave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:11 pm

devilblue wrote:A similar situation didn't prevent the state of Illinois from housing Michael Scofield in a prison even though he had tattooed the building blueprint all over his body.

As a die-hard prison break fan - I +1 this and "like it"

thisisxael

Postby thisisxael » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:43 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:

everyone will think you've abandoned your membership to the ny bar if you get one tho

anyriotgirl

Postby anyriotgirl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:48 pm

thisisxael wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

everyone will think you've abandoned your membership to the ny bar if you get one tho

it's okay I'll still have my non possessory rights

whats an updog

Postby whats an updog » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:27 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:the state is NY. we are allowed to wear hoodies, but not with the hood up, so I am not sure which way they fall on this one

You'd be fine so long as the tattoo is in writing.

SmokeytheBear

Postby SmokeytheBear » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:33 pm

I thought about getting "fair play" and "substantial justice" on my biceps.

Halp

Postby Halp » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:52 pm

SmokeytheBear wrote:I thought about getting "fair play" and "substantial justice" on my biceps.

Hardest I've laughed in weeks. :lol:

mjb447

Postby mjb447 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

What if there's not enough room left after Wendy's name?

MarkinKansasCity
#MAGA

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:42 pm

mjb447 wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

What if there's not enough room left after Wendy's name?

You mean Welcome to Jamaica Have a nice day!

Slytherpuff

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:50 am

I'm pretty sure I need to get a tattoo saying that the Necessary and Proper Clause is not an independent source of Congressional power. I've got M. SOUR and BARRK down so otherwise I should be good tattoo-wise!

lavarman84
#MAGA

Postby lavarman84 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:46 am

Slytherpuff wrote:I'm pretty sure I need to get a tattoo saying that the Necessary and Proper Clause is not an independent source of Congressional power. I've got M. SOUR and BARRK down so otherwise I should be good tattoo-wise!

What about FIAT?

hockeyman969

Postby hockeyman969 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:23 am

whats an updog wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:the state is NY. we are allowed to wear hoodies, but not with the hood up, so I am not sure which way they fall on this one

You'd be fine so long as the tattoo is in writing.

And signed by the party to be charged!!!

MarkinKansasCity
#MAGA

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:54 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

merkin we know you didn't have enough space to fit the whole thing, stop pretending

The five categories of contracts that must be written down in order to satisfy the statute of frauds are:

1) contracts for the sale of an interest in land,
2) contracts for the sale of goods for $500 or more (under the U.C.C.),
3) contracts in consideration of marriage,
4) contracts that cannot be performed within one year of the contract being made and,
5) contracts of suretyship.

That was kind of the joke.

hockeyman969

Postby hockeyman969 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:39 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:
anyriotgirl wrote:

The five categories of contracts that must be written down in order to satisfy the statute of frauds are:

1) contracts for the sale of an interest in land,
2) contracts for the sale of goods for $500 or more (under the U.C.C.),
3) contracts in consideration of marriage,
4) contracts that cannot be performed within one year of the contract being made and,
5) contracts of suretyship.

That was kind of the joke.

You forgot contracts as executor of an estate :-P

thelawyer1908

Postby thelawyer1908 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:05 pm

THIS MADE ME LOL

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Is there any other way to block peripheral vision? Serious question.

anyriotgirl

Postby anyriotgirl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:03 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:

Is there any other way to block peripheral vision? Serious question.

you could try horse blinders

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”