NY swear in ceremony duration?

yanchunfu

NY swear in ceremony duration?

Postby yanchunfu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:39 am

I have been informed to attend the swear-in interview and (hopefully) the ceremony on August 16 in Albany. I would appreciate anyone who can give me an idea how many hours the entire process will last. I need to book a flight ticket from Albany to LAX at the same day so I want to know which flight to take. I have to report for the interview at 9 am.

Many thanks.

cnk1220

Re: NY swear in ceremony duration?

Postby cnk1220 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:46 pm

yanchunfu wrote:I have been informed to attend the swear-in interview and (hopefully) the ceremony on August 16 in Albany. I would appreciate anyone who can give me an idea how many hours the entire process will last. I need to book a flight ticket from Albany to LAX at the same day so I want to know which flight to take. I have to report for the interview at 9 am.

Many thanks.

Hey sorry this is not an answer to your question but I'm just wondering- when did you submit your materials to BOLE that your swearing in date is aug 19th? I submitted about a month ago now so just trying to see the estimated timeline. thanks!

yanchunfu

Postby yanchunfu » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:44 am

cnk1220 wrote:
yanchunfu wrote:I have been informed to attend the swear-in interview and (hopefully) the ceremony on August 16 in Albany. I would appreciate anyone who can give me an idea how many hours the entire process will last. I need to book a flight ticket from Albany to LAX at the same day so I want to know which flight to take. I have to report for the interview at 9 am.

Many thanks.

Hey sorry this is not an answer to your question but I'm just wondering- when did you submit your materials to BOLE that your swearing in date is aug 19th? I submitted about a month ago now so just trying to see the estimated timeline. thanks!

I sent all materials in mid April and was informed the date on around April 26

Damage Over Time

Postby Damage Over Time » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Many thanks.

My ceremony (end of June 2017 in Albany) took less than an hour. I did get there about 45 minutes early, but if you don't have family/friends who want to snag premium spectator seating, you're probably in and out in an hour if you're in a rush. The host/speakers/etc were cognizant of people's busy schedules and didn't drag it out.

edit: The interview process is more unpredictable, I luckboxed having my name get called third when they were going down the list (interview scheduled for 9am, took about 15 minutes, was back at my hotel by 9:30). My interview was the day before though.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”