Poll: How behind (or not behind) are you? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."

How many days behind (or not) are you?

Not following any written schedule
12%
I'm somehow ahead of schedule; bow to me!
4%
Exactly on track
28%
1 day
7%
2 days
5%
3 days
7%
4-6 days
3%
A week
12%
Multiple weeks?!
21%

Total votes: 99

Halp

Bronze

Poll: How behind (or not behind) are you?

Post by Halp » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:48 pm

This post is an attempt to make myself feel better for being 3 days behind. (Unless everyone is on track or somehow ahead :lol: )

Also it is an attempt to procrastinate studying joinder rules...which is like trying to fill a colander with water right now. Something something, same transaction or occurence...except when that's not needed...ugh.

uceoledinbdnrn

Bronze

Re: Poll: How behind (or not behind) are you?

Post by uceoledinbdnrn » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:45 pm

easily 2 weeks behind- themis wants me to complete about 5% of thew program/day right now.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Halp wrote:This post is an attempt to make myself feel better for being 3 days behind. (Unless everyone is on track or somehow ahead :lol: )

Also it is an attempt to procrastinate studying joinder rules...which is like trying to fill a colander with water right now. Something something, same transaction or occurence...except when that's not needed...ugh.
From experience with friends who have had traditional programs and reading other people's comments, being only 3 days behind puts you AHEAD of most people. You are perfectly fine and you have more than a week to grind on the really important stuff.

I am prepping while working full-time (this is a third bar, passed one and failed one) after getting cocky the first time and being smacked backed into reality for the second bar I am doing things a bit differently and I am actually pleased with where I stand. I have done about 1,100 questions on adaptibar and reviewed the answer for all but 100 of them. This final week is going through the MEE materials (mostly the non MBE subjects) while still doing mabye 20 or so MBE questions to stay fresh.

Halp

Bronze

Post by Halp » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:39 pm

ndbigdave wrote:
Halp wrote:This post is an attempt to make myself feel better for being 3 days behind. (Unless everyone is on track or somehow ahead :lol: )

From experience with friends who have had traditional programs and reading other people's comments, being only 3 days behind puts you AHEAD of most people. You are perfectly fine and you have more than a week to grind on the really important stuff.

I am prepping while working full-time (this is a third bar, passed one and failed one) after getting cocky the first time and being smacked backed into reality for the second bar I am doing things a bit differently and I am actually pleased with where I stand. I have done about 1,100 questions on adaptibar and reviewed the answer for all but 100 of them. This final week is going through the MEE materials (mostly the non MBE subjects) while still doing mabye 20 or so MBE questions to stay fresh.
Thanks for the kind words. Hope you're right. Today was not very productive either, but I'll be back on the horse tomorrow.

Best of luck to you - it sounds like you're in good shape. I kinda wish I had done adaptibar, seems like a smart approach. I would cry if I had to prep while working full time though, so good for you.

Halp

Bronze

Post by Halp » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Also, I'm finding the reverse bell curve going on on the poll results super interesting. Not at all what I anticipated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Halp wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you're right. Today was not very productive either, but I'll be back on the horse tomorrow.

Best of luck to you - it sounds like you're in good shape. I kinda wish I had done adaptibar, seems like a smart approach. I would cry if I had to prep while working full time though, so good for you.
Third time around here working full-time for every bar, and by full-time I mean 40+ hours a week up to and including the Monday before and the Thursday after. My MBE score was consistent between the two (a 2 point difference) it was my essays that bottomed out, part of that was slighly bad luck on a couple subjects that were strengths, part of it is a feeling of getting screwed by some graders (I am very confident in my writing ability as I was a 7 year judicial clerk and worked as a chief clerk at a high-volume med-mal firm where I did a ton of motion/memo writing) and then ultimately I think I changed up my style, a bit too conclusory and wasnt as in-depth as I could have/should have - I know better this time and will write slightly differently (like I did during my first exam) while also preparing better this time around too.

crumb cake

Bronze

Post by crumb cake » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:57 am

ndbigdave wrote:I have done about 1,100 questions on adaptibar and reviewed the answer for all but 100 of them. This final week is going through the MEE materials (mostly the non MBE subjects) while still doing mabye 20 or so MBE questions to stay fresh.
I'm basically at the same point (although with Barbri, not Adaptibar), albeit I've never taken the bar before. What's the best way to hit the MEE this week? I'm essentially starting from scratch.

ndbigdave

Bronze

Post by ndbigdave » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 am

crumb cake wrote:
ndbigdave wrote:I have done about 1,100 questions on adaptibar and reviewed the answer for all but 100 of them. This final week is going through the MEE materials (mostly the non MBE subjects) while still doing mabye 20 or so MBE questions to stay fresh.
I'm basically at the same point (although with Barbri, not Adaptibar), albeit I've never taken the bar before. What's the best way to hit the MEE this week? I'm essentially starting from scratch.
For me, I am using SmartBar's outlines (there is a longer and shorter version, Longer = about 300 pages, Attack sheets = 70 pages) they do a great job of analyzing the rules, breaking down how often they appear and they write the rules pretty simply. Its a good fast way to get through all subjects.

Generally speaking, because my focus has been primarily MBE by doing questions (and reviewing them) and listening to some audio lectures when possible, I will be focusing on the "other" portions of the MEE which amounts to 5 or 6 other topics (depending on how they are broken down) frankly it isnt THAT much material as I have the rest of this weekend, this week's evenings and next weekend to basically focus on those limited subjects.

I suppose worth noting I have no allusions of crushing the essays, my MBE is likely to be "Decent" thinking 140-145, which for Illinois requires rouhgly a 126 or lower (a terrible score).

Halp

Bronze

Post by Halp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Monday bump. I'm impressed with you 29% on track ppl. Must be nice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:59 pm

As of today I am exactly 1 week behind, so feel good about your 3 days. :lol:

Halp

Bronze

Post by Halp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:As of today I am exactly 1 week behind, so feel good about your 3 days. :lol:
Well, it's inching up closer to 4, but thanks. :lol: (I'm working, just not fast enough for the PSP...).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”