Barbri Essay Model Answers

JayDubya

Barbri Essay Model Answers

Postby JayDubya » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Who writes these things? Is it Barbri or are they getting them from my state board of bar examiners?

I just read a model answer that used all common law rules instead of my state's statutory rules that I learned in the lecture and that the lecturer specifically said to use on the essay portion of the exam.

I need to know if this is Barbri's error or if my state is going to test on common law instead of state statutes.

omar.comin

Re: Barbri Essay Model Answers

Postby omar.comin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Did you try calling them? I've heard they're pretty helpful. Either way, I'm pretty certain that these answers are created by Barbri.

JayDubya

Postby JayDubya » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Ok thanks.

I just emailed with a list of inconsistencies. I thought about calling but I want to give them time to look at the email and model answer and give a thoughtful response.

barjamie8

Postby barjamie8 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:25 pm

JayDubya wrote:Ok thanks.

I just emailed with a list of inconsistencies. I thought about calling but I want to give them time to look at the email and model answer and give a thoughtful response.

Which state?

JayDubya

Postby JayDubya » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 pm

Ohio

barjamie8

Postby barjamie8 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Not sure about Ohio in particular, but BarBri models are generally written by BarBri staff.

JayDubya

Postby JayDubya » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:19 pm

UPDATE:

I don't know if this is relevant to any other jurisdictions, but in Ohio, Barbri uses the model answers provided by the Ohio Board of Bar Examiners, who submit past answers they've received from test takers that scored well on that particular question. Barbri says that the answers may contain incorrect information, incorrectly applied laws, etc.

Good to know...

Tiredbuthappyitsover

Postby Tiredbuthappyitsover » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:56 pm

JayDubya wrote:Who writes these things? Is it Barbri or are they getting them from my state board of bar examiners?

I just read a model answer that used all common law rules instead of my state's statutory rules that I learned in the lecture and that the lecturer specifically said to use on the essay portion of the exam.

I need to know if this is Barbri's error or if my state is going to test on common law instead of state statutes.

Does your state post model answers on its own bar site? Mine does, and I'd always recommend consulting your own state's resources before relying on any test prep company.

Jmari

Postby Jmari » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:25 am

For Ohio, the model answers are actually published best student answers by the examiners. It says so in first couple of pages of the book. Sometimes I wonder why it is the best because it mistakes the law.

EzraFitz

Postby EzraFitz » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:47 am

Jmari wrote:For Ohio, the model answers are actually published best student answers by the examiners. It says so in first couple of pages of the book. Sometimes I wonder why it is the best because it mistakes the law.

Maybe some proof that:

1) Keen CIRAC and solid analysis beat getting the exact correct rule of law; and

2) Knowing the general MBE rules can snag you tons of points even if you don't know the state distinctions.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”