California Bar Moral Character Application

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Billy Batts

Silver

Re: California Bar Moral Character Application

Postby Billy Batts » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:29 pm

candlemantel wrote:Is the "assigned to investigator" email a standard step? Or does it indicate that they have found something "off" with the application?

It's standard and often a sign that you are getting close to the finish line.

existentcomp

New

Postby existentcomp » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Got the assigned to investigator letter last week on March 18, 2020 and got approved a week later. Total amount of days since submission 260 days. Investigator was really cool returned my call when I left a message and spoke to me twice about a few minor things he had questions on. He always called when he said he would and stuck to the time frame he communicated to me. Have to commend this guy considering they have thousands of these!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Does anyone know if oath cards are still being sent despite the state bar's offices shut down? My moral character application was approved a full month ago, and I still have not received my oath card.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:56 am

I am planning to take the July 2020 bar (if it happens) but I've got a clerkship lined up for immediately after (which doesn't require bar passage). Do I to submit my moral character application before I sit for the exam? Or can I delay until I after I get my results?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:21 pm

One of my internship's employer did not response the reference letter. So, my status is incomplete. Will that influence my application? Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if oath cards are still being sent despite the state bar's offices shut down? My moral character application was approved a full month ago, and I still have not received my oath card.

Would definitely like to hear responses to this. Am waiting as well and am wondering if they're delaying sending out oath cards due to office closures.

Hope everyone is staying well and healthy!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:01 pm

How is everyone who has gotten a positive determination going about getting admitted right now with courts closed? What's the best way to go and do that? Any possible way we can just do it remotely and mail it in without going in person? Hope we don't just have to wait till the statewide lockdown is over........Can be hard to apply to jobs without actually being admitted and having a bar number.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if oath cards are still being sent despite the state bar's offices shut down? My moral character application was approved a full month ago, and I still have not received my oath card.

Would definitely like to hear responses to this. Am waiting as well and am wondering if they're delaying sending out oath cards due to office closures.

Hope everyone is staying well and healthy!

My moral character application was approved on March 4. I received my oath card today -- in Massachusetts -- and the envelope was postmarked March 25, so the cards were still going out as of last week. Hang in there, everyone.

Rusina

New

Postby Rusina » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Despite the COVID-19 situation, oath cards continue to be processed or at least were being processed until very recently. I received my positive MC determination notice on 03/04, and my admissions packet with oath card arrived in mail on last Friday, 03/27 (postmarked 03/25). Good luck everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ovcovc

New

Postby ovcovc » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi guys,

I have been reading this thread for a couple of years, and I think, for all we have heard, no one has heard a story quite like mine yet.

There will be no spoilers, bit you can read it on the site I have finally found the site to set up. Not sure the forum will allow the URL, but it's thebarfight (dot com). The story is long -- I have been in this for 2+ years now, and I've been approved pretty early on (as it seems now). But how naive was it of me to think this was the end!

I am now nearing what promises to be a long and quite unusual appeal trial (scheduled for the first half of may), although not sure if they won't try to adjourn because of the pandemic.

Those of you who indeed have to go through more of this process than they want to, I am opening to the public all of my files, including initial application, all correspondence, my informal conference audio (50 minutes) and all of the (multitude of) filings in the ongoing appeal. Trial to be added. Unless they find some way to muzzle me.

If anyone has stories to share, the site has my contact details.
https://www.thebarfight.com/

Enjoy! Although I, must say, am not.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:52 pm

How long does it take for your name to be placed on the motion list to the CA Supreme Court assuming every requirement has been satisfied? If I received a positive moral character determination last week, should it be completed sometime this week? Also, will I receive some kind of notification once it is successfully completed? Thanks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?