rcharter1978

Gold

Re: California Bar Moral Character Application

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:25 am

jman77 wrote:
Moabit wrote:Congratulations!
I am sure InterAlia will soon offer the same :wink:

Thanks!

Hah. Based on his self-styled expert prognostications, I should have been prepping myself for my inevitable interview with the C&F committee (on such a trivial matter as the analyst needing clarification on a minor traffic citation).

Congratulations.

You did a great job and got great results. Not gonna lie though, were it me or anyone I cared about I would have suggested seeking legal advice.

However, it's all water under the bridge and now you can get sworn in!

jman77

Silver

Postby jman77 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:53 am

rcharter1978 wrote:
jman77 wrote:
Moabit wrote:Congratulations!
I am sure InterAlia will soon offer the same :wink:

Thanks!

Hah. Based on his self-styled expert prognostications, I should have been prepping myself for my inevitable interview with the C&F committee (on such a trivial matter as the analyst needing clarification on a minor traffic citation).

Congratulations.

You did a great job and got great results. Not gonna lie though, were it me or anyone I cared about I would have suggested seeking legal advice.

However, it's all water under the bridge and now you can get sworn in!

Thanks. To be frank, though, at no point in the process did anything rise to anywhere near a level where I needed legal advice. I appreciate that only I actually had complete information as to what the analyst's inquiries were and my communications with him so for someone on the outside looking in, it was easy to end up speculating and concluding that things were more serious than they actually were.

I really just came here because the follow-up inquiry from my analyst came when I was abroad and did not have access to my application. All I needed was to know what the pertinent question in the application was so that I could refresh my memory as to why I didn't disclose the citation. I wasn't seeking for advice on how to respond to the analyst's question. I knew, as I reiterated over and over again here, that it was never an issue and it was not something that was required to be disclosed based on the underlying question. If I had access to the application, I would simply had looked at the question and submitted my response to the analyst. Then I would have spared myself and others here from all the useless back and forth when all I needed was a simple answer to my simple request.

But as you said, it's all water under the bridge now.

ReasonablePersonSSC

New

Postby ReasonablePersonSSC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:18 pm

I am looking at options for the swearing in ceremony. Did most get sworn in by a judge, individually or in a group? Did you host a reception after for friends and family?

jman77

Silver

Postby jman77 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:58 pm

ReasonablePersonSSC wrote:I am looking at options for the swearing in ceremony. Did most get sworn in by a judge, individually or in a group? Did you host a reception after for friends and family?

I just did mine in front of a notary here in the office and mailed the registration card back. I've already done the ceremony in NY years ago, so this wasn't as big of a deal for me. Just wanted to get done with the process.

phasematch

New

Postby phasematch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:32 pm

The info jc9812 provided was so helpful to me, I will also share my info below (I was surprised by the unexpected investigator email...)

Submitted: 2/20/19
notice of application complete: 5/29/19
"Notice: introduction to investigator" email: 8/1/19
Positive determination: 8/9/19

jc9812 wrote:gonna post my stats since i found others' helpful

Submitted early January 19
notice of application complete: 2/20/19
"Notice: introduction to investigator" email: 7/12/19
Positive determination: 7/17/19

Necho2

Bronze

Postby Necho2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Any connection between taking the July Bar and getting Moral Character approval shortly afterwards? Got it yesterday, curious whether it got fast-tracked once I took the bar, or just a fluke that I had zero movement and then approval shortly afterwards...

yespasscbx

New

Postby yespasscbx » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:57 pm

phasematch wrote:The info jc9812 provided was so helpful to me, I will also share my info below (I was surprised by the unexpected investigator email...)

Submitted: 2/20/19
notice of application complete: 5/29/19
"Notice: introduction to investigator" email: 8/1/19
Positive determination: 8/9/19

jc9812 wrote:gonna post my stats since i found others' helpful

Submitted early January 19
notice of application complete: 2/20/19
"Notice: introduction to investigator" email: 7/12/19
Positive determination: 7/17/19

Congrats! And this timeline is so helpful, thanks!

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Necho2 wrote:Any connection between taking the July Bar and getting Moral Character approval shortly afterwards? Got it yesterday, curious whether it got fast-tracked once I took the bar, or just a fluke that I had zero movement and then approval shortly afterwards...

Maybe. Anecdotally, I sent in my C&F after I passed the bar because I assumed I had failed. It was not at all fast tracked and I think it took like 9-10 months. But either way.... congratulations on making it over a hurdle!

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:32 pm

ReasonablePersonSSC wrote:I am looking at options for the swearing in ceremony. Did most get sworn in by a judge, individually or in a group? Did you host a reception after for friends and family?

I was sworn in by a federal judge I had developed a close relationship with. It was done in chambers with family in attendance and we had cake afterwards. I probably wouldn't have been interested in a group swear in, and would have gone the notary route if I didn't have someone special to me to swear me in.

I had always kind of wanted a reception/celebration, but I think that was just a vision to get me through the awful drudgery of bar prep. Logistically I think it would have taken too much time and effort.

Maybe you can do like a dinner afterwards and not a full reception?

Anyways, you should really do whatever you want to do. It's your big day!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?