California Bar Moral Character Application

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Underoath

Bronze

Re: California Bar Moral Character Application

Postby Underoath » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi everyone, I submitted my moral character application in May 2018, but sent in my paper application with materials a few days ago. I am starting to panic because it says the file must be complete with your documentation within 60 days or your application is abandoned. What should I do? I don't have another $500+ to give them or even to file an extension. Am I screwed? I see other people on here not submitting things at once, but still being ok.

InterAlia1961

Bronze

Postby InterAlia1961 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Underoath wrote:Hi everyone, I submitted my moral character application in May 2018, but sent in my paper application with materials a few days ago. I am starting to panic because it says the file must be complete with your documentation within 60 days or your application is abandoned. What should I do? I don't have another $500+ to give them or even to file an extension. Am I screwed? I see other people on here not submitting things at once, but still being ok.

It's only July. If you submitted the online application in May, you have sixty days before there's a problem. That puts you in July. I don't see the problem.

justanotheruser

Bronze

Postby justanotheruser » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:05 am

Looks like I'm an idiot.

I submitted and paid for an extension of moral character determination. I got a letter reminding me that I don't need to renew/extend the determination since I already got admitted to the state bar prior to the expiration date. While I look dumb, I'm getting back $265 I didn't expect to have lol.

Underoath

Bronze

Postby Underoath » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:23 pm

InterAlia1961 wrote:
Underoath wrote:Hi everyone, I submitted my moral character application in May 2018, but sent in my paper application with materials a few days ago. I am starting to panic because it says the file must be complete with your documentation within 60 days or your application is abandoned. What should I do? I don't have another $500+ to give them or even to file an extension. Am I screwed? I see other people on here not submitting things at once, but still being ok.

It's only July. If you submitted the online application in May, you have sixty days before there's a problem. That puts you in July. I don't see the problem.

yeah, I just didn't want them saying they didn't receive a document that I clearly sent and thus, having to start the whole application over. It now says I'm under review so I'm fine. lol

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�