Any help with MEE issue spotting

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Any help with MEE issue spotting

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:41 pm

It seems my IRACs are more macro than micro and I'm trying to score higher on the MEE. I know the BLL but it seems I just get straight to the issue and get off it. Ex: whether offer was revocable, I just mentioned UCC firm offer rule, no consideration necessary, can't revoke and done. Meanwhile, I had to IRAC the first words of communication, second words of communication, but led to the same conclusion. Any words of advice for MEE issue spotting? thank you

a male human

Gold

Re: Any help with MEE issue spotting

Postby a male human » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:34 pm

There's a unique approach to every subject. It's not just straight up IRAC and you're done with it. For contracts, you do need to analyze each communication. In transcript-style Evidence questions, you do need to bring up whether you can file a motion to strike for each numbered line.

BTW, shouldn't it be "CRAC" for MEE? In other words, your headings are a short summary of your arguments like a legal brief?

PanickingBarTaker

New

Postby PanickingBarTaker » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 pm

a male human wrote:There's a unique approach to every subject. It's not just straight up IRAC and you're done with it. For contracts, you do need to analyze each communication. In transcript-style Evidence questions, you do need to bring up whether you can file a motion to strike for each numbered line.

BTW, shouldn't it be "CRAC" for MEE? In other words, your headings are a short summary of your arguments like a legal brief?

I agree with you on the CRAC point, albeit every returned graded essay I get seems to suggest I should stick to IRAC :cry:

a male human

Gold

Postby a male human » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:11 pm

PanickingBarTaker wrote:
a male human wrote:There's a unique approach to every subject. It's not just straight up IRAC and you're done with it. For contracts, you do need to analyze each communication. In transcript-style Evidence questions, you do need to bring up whether you can file a motion to strike for each numbered line.

I agree with you on the CRAC point, albeit every returned graded essay I get seems to suggest I should stick to IRAC :cry:

Just curious, who are you getting them graded by?

And they want you to do IRAC with a simple issue heading, like below?

EASEMENTS
Easement rule...

Intent
Intent rule...

Notice
Notice rule...

Horizontal privity

And so on...

PanickingBarTaker

New

Postby PanickingBarTaker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 pm

a male human wrote:
PanickingBarTaker wrote:

Just curious, who are you getting them graded by?

And they want you to do IRAC with a simple issue heading, like below?

EASEMENTS
Easement rule...

Intent
Intent rule...

Notice
Notice rule...

Horizontal privity

And so on...

I'm taking a commercial bar prep course and they are providing us "professional graders" .. whatever that means ..

They do not require us to issue-head our responses and frankly, it seems rather weird (like a 3rd grader's essay if you ask me :shock: )

a male human

Gold

Postby a male human » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:59 pm

That is weird! :o Especially when model MEE answers all have headings with a summary of the argument.

Any other MEE takers know if either IRAC or CRAC will work?

JDAdvisingLLC

New

Postby JDAdvisingLLC » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:40 pm

I think "IRAC" is better than "CRAC" unless you are sure your conclusion is correct. (Otherwise a grader sees an incorrect conclusion and sometimes doesn't read your rule/analysis as closely).

If you are sure your conclusion is correct then CRAC is a fine way to go!

a male human

Gold

Postby a male human » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:55 pm

JDAdvisingLLC wrote:I think "IRAC" is better than "CRAC" unless you are sure your conclusion is correct. (Otherwise a grader sees an incorrect conclusion and sometimes doesn't read your rule/analysis as closely).

If you are sure your conclusion is correct then CRAC is a fine way to go!

Good point!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�