Barbri Handouts

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Thrive

Bronze

Barbri Handouts

Postby Thrive » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:59 pm

Anyone know how to handle situations when Barbri tests on materials not in the handouts but rather found either in CMR or the major outline? What's the point of the lecture handouts then?

runinthefront

Gold

Re: Barbri Handouts

Postby runinthefront » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Thrive wrote:Anyone know how to handle situations when Barbri tests on materials not in the handouts but rather found either in CMR or the major outline? What's the point of the lecture handouts then?

My understanding is that the handouts & lectures cover the major points of emphases on the Bar, but the CMR and full outlines cover all of the rule nuances you can be expect to be tested on. You want a general level of understanding first, right?
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrive

Bronze

Postby Thrive » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:04 pm

runinthefront wrote:
Thrive wrote:Anyone know how to handle situations when Barbri tests on materials not in the handouts but rather found either in CMR or the major outline? What's the point of the lecture handouts then?

My understanding is that the handouts & lectures cover the major points of emphases on the Bar, but the CMR and full outlines cover all of the rule nuances you can be expect to be tested on. You want a general level of understanding first, right?

I didn't know that. If that's the case, I'm going to stop watching the lectures.

Toubro

Bronze

Postby Toubro » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Thrive wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

I didn't know that. If that's the case, I'm going to stop watching the lectures.

The lectures contain everything you really need to know. If you do a quick search here or just generally speak to people who've taken previous exams, they almost never study everything in the CMR. The big outlines aren't even removed from the packaging.

The point is that you need to know everything in the lectures, and the subset of things in CMR that are not in the lecture outline have a low probability of being tested. If you want to get a great score on the MBE, you should memorize the CMR. If you want to just pass, with a comfortable margin of course, lecture notes + whatever new law you retain from AMP or the assigned questions and essays (there are a lot of them) should be sufficient.

Thrive

Bronze

Postby Thrive » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Toubro wrote:
Thrive wrote:
runinthefront wrote:

The lectures contain everything you really need to know. If you do a quick search here or just generally speak to people who've taken previous exams, they almost never study everything in the CMR. The big outlines aren't even removed from the packaging.

The point is that you need to know everything in the lectures, and the subset of things in CMR that are not in the lecture outline have a low probability of being tested. If you want to get a great score on the MBE, you should memorize the CMR. If you want to just pass, with a comfortable margin of course, lecture notes + whatever new law you retain from AMP or the assigned questions and essays (there are a lot of them) should be sufficient.

Ah I see. Thanks

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�