Any way to improve on the MPT, can't get myself to do anything but MBE prep

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
gladiator0flaw11

Bronze

Any way to improve on the MPT, can't get myself to do anything but MBE prep

Postby gladiator0flaw11 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm writing out the rules for MBE questions I get wrong and then the structure for essays for MEEs are even different than a simple IRAC. They really want us to go in depth slowly from micro to macro, i dont get it. Why not just IRAC the correct issue and get full credit instead of the fluff in these candidate answers.

Tiredbuthappyitsover

New

Re: Any way to improve on the MPT, can't get myself to do anything but MBE prep

Postby Tiredbuthappyitsover » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:36 am

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:I'm writing out the rules for MBE questions I get wrong and then the structure for essays for MEEs are even different than a simple IRAC. They really want us to go in depth slowly from micro to macro, i dont get it. Why not just IRAC the correct issue and get full credit instead of the fluff in these candidate answers.

Do a practice MPT and score it, and then you'll see where you are. You can IRAC an MPT.

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm

I personally like DIRAC. I feel that the MPT format follows it closely whether it's a memo or client letter assignment etc. The point of the MPT is how well do you follow the directions so you need to follow the format of the assignment. Don't overthink how it looks and don't feel that the brevity of the model answer is what you're going for because either way, if your answer is not in the format of the assignment request you will lose points. If the assignment is an interoffice memo for example, most example will plainly break down into headings what you need to address. Draft their template out exactly then go to the most recent decision in the Library. Read it in full. Check to make sure the rules align with the template and highlight the applications in the case. After that, go straight to the client facts because if you understood what's going on, you should easily find the client ingredients for the recipe you already started in your template. If you have time, which you should, you can skim through the other decisions to see if there's any special seasoning you can add like case names and opposing analysis etc. to make sure it's not one-sided for maximum points.

LockBox

Bronze

Postby LockBox » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:43 pm

gladiator0flaw11 wrote:I'm writing out the rules for MBE questions I get wrong and then the structure for essays for MEEs are even different than a simple IRAC. They really want us to go in depth slowly from micro to macro, i dont get it. Why not just IRAC the correct issue and get full credit instead of the fluff in these candidate answers.

Not to be harsh, but perhaps the reason you have failed in the past is because you have only done what is comfortable (e.g., MBE questions). At this point in time, my suggestion to you would be to write more and do what is uncomfortable because without it, your pattern may repeat itself. By writing, I don't mean writing MBE rule statements - you need to be writing out full essays and PT's, which is likely what you haven't done enough of in previous attempts.

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:11 pm

virgoyum wrote:I personally like DIRAC. I feel that the MPT format follows it closely whether it's a memo or client letter assignment etc. The point of the MPT is how well do you follow the directions so you need to follow the format of the assignment. Don't overthink how it looks and don't feel that the brevity of the model answer is what you're going for because either way, if your answer is not in the format of the assignment request you will lose points. If the assignment is an interoffice memo for example, most example will plainly break down into headings what you need to address. Draft their template out exactly then go to the most recent decision in the Library. Read it in full. Check to make sure the rules align with the template and highlight the applications in the case. After that, go straight to the client facts because if you understood what's going on, you should easily find the client ingredients for the recipe you already started in your template. If you have time, which you should, you can skim through the other decisions to see if there's any special seasoning you can add like case names and opposing analysis etc. to make sure it's not one-sided for maximum points.

Hiiiii

virgoyum

Bronze

Postby virgoyum » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:50 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
virgoyum wrote:I personally like DIRAC. I feel that the MPT format follows it closely whether it's a memo or client letter assignment etc. The point of the MPT is how well do you follow the directions so you need to follow the format of the assignment. Don't overthink how it looks and don't feel that the brevity of the model answer is what you're going for because either way, if your answer is not in the format of the assignment request you will lose points. If the assignment is an interoffice memo for example, most example will plainly break down into headings what you need to address. Draft their template out exactly then go to the most recent decision in the Library. Read it in full. Check to make sure the rules align with the template and highlight the applications in the case. After that, go straight to the client facts because if you understood what's going on, you should easily find the client ingredients for the recipe you already started in your template. If you have time, which you should, you can skim through the other decisions to see if there's any special seasoning you can add like case names and opposing analysis etc. to make sure it's not one-sided for maximum points.

Hiiiii

Heeeyyyy hunnay! How are you miss NYC!! How is life after the bar!

happyhour1122

Silver

Postby happyhour1122 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:43 am

virgoyum wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Hiiiii

Heeeyyyy hunnay! How are you miss NYC!! How is life after the bar!

no life changes hahah thought once i pass the bar, its all done, but nope next life!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�